Saved from the scrapheap....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, what I've been up to the fast 24 hours, is cleaning & derusting the dish, and here's a series of pics to show what I've done so far... :D

1. A bubble bath... :D

2. Rinsing in the shower... :D

3. Hanging about drying (being aided with my fan heater)... :D

4. Derusting stuff applied (Jenolite)... :D

5. All derusted, just needs a wipe with a damp cloth and respraying's the next one on the list... :D

R

Rd100

2cvbloke do you live on your own because if i put a dish in the bath my misses would go f**king nuts, Also good job on cleaning up the dish

2cvbloke said:
Well, what I've been up to the fast 24 hours, is cleaning & derusting the dish, and here's a series of pics to show what I've done so far... :D

1. A bubble bath... :D

2. Rinsing in the shower... :D

3. Hanging about drying (being aided with my fan heater)... :D

4. Derusting stuff applied (Jenolite)... :D

5. All derusted, just needs a wipe with a damp cloth and respraying's the next one on the list... :D

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Looks good/fun :)

Just being nosy, but what is that thing in your bathroom? (other than the satellite dish of course)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
PoloMint said:
Looks good/fun :)

Just being nosy, but what is that thing in your bathroom? (other than the satellite dish of course)

Me portable Twintub washer... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
2cvbloke do you love on your own

Well, that's a tad personal...:rolleyes: :-rofl2

because if i put a dish in the bath my misses would go f**king nuts, Also good job on cleaning up the dish

Well, yes, I do live on my own, hence why I still have all my dishes and receivers... O-Ha

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Rd100 said:
2cvbloke do you love on your own because if i put a dish in the bath my misses would go f**king nuts,

The trick is not to do it when they are about

R

Rd100

LOL i mean live i have edited it now:-rofl2 :-rofl2
2cvbloke said:
Well, that's a tad personal...:rolleyes: :-rofl2

Well, yes, I do live on my own, hence why I still have all my dishes and receivers... O-Ha

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just for the really really curious, this is how my twintub works and looks like:

_http://www.pyramid-products.com/twin_tub.htm

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
She would find out trust me she would:)

She would especially as my dish has left dark scuffmarks in my bath.... :-rofl2

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
wouldn't it have been better to clean with the dish outside with one of them pressure washer things or would it bend the dish slightly

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
My Mum use to have a hotpoint twin tub when i was younger,

Like this one? :D

Click

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
I hope you don't own your house/flat as bath's aint cheap to buy

I don't... :D

Plus that bath desperately needs replacing as it's ancient, but that's up to the landlord...

wod said:
wouldn't it have been better to clean with the dish outside with one of them pressure washer things or would it bend the dish slightly

It would, if I had somewhere off the path to clean it and had a pressure washer, but it was easy enough indoors... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
yep same one but the one my mum had did not have one brown lid it had two white lids one for the washer and another lid for the dryer

This one? :D

Click

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
My mum had one about 2 generations earlier than that one :D (And ISTR she had one of those at some point too.)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
My mum had one about 2 generations earlier than that one :D (And ISTR she had one of those at some point too.)

I love twintubs I dooo.... :D

Compared to my mum's washer, they get the clothes cleaner and with the spinner they get them dryer too.... :D

Anyway, it's gone a tad off topic here... :-rofl2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
PoloMint said:
When I was at school I found a 1.2m prime dish lying by a bin on the roadside, I hid it behind a bookcase at school while contemplating how to get it home. In the meantime the art teacher who was as crazy as a coconut stole it, sprayed it with fluorescent paint and welded it to the top of a statue thing he had built.O-st

Art teachers are nutty bastards O-Ha.

My one was trying to demonstrate how golfers swing their clubs with a broom. What he forgot to check was how well screwed on the head was, and so when he went to actually swing the broom, the head flew clean off and made a bloody great dent in the ceiling :D O-Ha :D . Still a legend though.