Saved from the scrapheap....

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
2cvbloke said:
Like this one? :D

Click

Sorry, missed page 2 of the posts (I know I should look).

OT, but, my nan (RIP) had one of those twin tubs:D (RIP). You had to stick the grey drain pipe (sic) into that (middle hole) during the wash cycle, correct?

My nan always used the original Fairy powder (flakes), these things smelt great and I would as a sub-ten year old attend a full wash-cycle from beginning to end whenever I stayed over. I must have been a suzie homemaker even then, hehe. She even had tongs for the boil wash:eek: Remember playing with the washing like it was a broth. V. Odd.

Actually, it was at what this place (home/pub), where I supposedly used to regularly drag back junk to play with; including that said washing machine I spoke about either earlier, or, in that other junk thread.:D

On the other hand, my mum was a tight-ass and preferred ACDO? A vile yellow powder in small packets and smelt like dog shampoo (probably made by Unilever and now called ultra mega-tabs or something).

But, when Bold 2-in-1 came out - now that was a dream powder. If ever I was sent to the shop for washing powder I would always come back with Bold 2-in1: even if I had to suffer a clip round the ear for 'wasting' mums hard earned pence.

R

Rd100

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
BarMoo said:
Bubblebath? WTF, LOL.

Save for the smoke alarm, a satellite dish and the odd shiny thing - my bathroom looked much like yours two weeks ago (I am lying).:D Then I got my Cillit BANG out! he says, lying again.

But, I will re-post your bathroom 'highlights' with notes anyway - might give you the push ;) .

Rust 1 - That's where I sat a set of pliers for an experiment, does WD40 actually protect iron tools, it didn't...

Rust 2 - Wrong!!! Not rusty, just a reflection of the curtains, it's perfectly chromed... :D

Somke alarm - No, not in the bathroom, on me landing!!! My bathroom's through that dodgy sliding door (which keeps jamming)... :p

"Unknown" - That's my bathroom light ya numpty!!! :p

"WTF" - The fan heater I was using to dry my dish!!! :D

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
2cvbloke said:
Rust 1 - That's where I sat a set of pliers for an experiment, does WD40 actually protect iron tools, it didn't...

Rust 2 - Wrong!!! Not rusty, just a reflection of the curtains, it's perfectly chromed... :D

Somke alarm - No, not in the bathroom, on me landing!!! My bathroom's through that dodgy sliding door (which keeps jamming)... :p

"Unknown" - That's my bathroom light ya numpty!!! :p

"WTF" - The fan heater I was using to dry my dish!!! :D

ah, so two pics - two entirely different locations. I get it.

That really must be high shine-chrome you have there.:p

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
BarMoo said:
ah, so two pics - two entirely different locations. I get it.

That really must be high shine-chrome you have there.:p

It is, I either look really fat & wide, or really slim and twiggy in it, it's a mirror finish... :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
it's mostly white from the Jenolite...

Right now a thousand men are claiming same on some dubious stains....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Right now a thousand men are claiming same on some dubious stains....

On their dishes? O-Ha

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ok, last night I was struggling to get the bolts off the wall mount, but managed it with a new spanner I got from asda the other night, anyway, how reliable would that mount (as seen in the second pic in the first post in this thread) for this dish? If not very, hows about my 60cm dish? As I want to pop it onto a wooden stand I made months ago (which currently gets used as a coatstand) cos my tripod broke another leg so I have no large dishes up at the moment, just my porty kit dish in my bedroom on Hispasat.... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I think it needs a new LNB clamp, but the only person I knew (on eBay, who I got my 60cm dish from) who had any doesn't have them anymore... :(

Anyway, I've decided I'll leave the painting till next year, even though it's pretty warm here I don't trust the clouds that roll in all the time, so the dish is slownly going back together, buthas had to stop as I've gone and pulled a muscle or something in my upper back/ribcage...:(