Silvercrest SL 65 Receiver

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is a long thread in the Portuguese "Other Receivers" section, I believe that it requiresa JTAG to install or modify the bootloader first. But it is definitely patchable to some degree.

lee mckean

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest digital satellite system 60cm dish receiver dvb-s sl65 and universal twin lnb brought from Lidl
My Location
Northans,England
I too have a Silvercrest system,can pick up most channals but i am looking to pick up romanian tv for my wife. I have read the channals are broadcast on the sirius satellite,is it just a matter of a lot of playing about with it to get it to pick up the satellite? I am also thinking of a motor for the dish,so would the dish align its self automatically(the motor would be of course DISQC compatible to the receiver) sorry for going on a bit,but any help would be great,thanks for your time.Lee. oh and from my wife. Also not sure if i am posting this in the right place,sorry.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
harrowwoman said:
I did manage to work out how to get Nilesat (or think I have) I just went to New Satelite, changed the name to Nilesat and did a scan....it seems to have picked up loads of channels, but whether they are actually Nilesat I dont know till I get home with my copy of What Satellie bought this morning on the way to work.

Has Arabsat changed its name to Badr?

Yes the Arabsats have been redesignated to Badr.

You can find more uptodate info on various frequency sites. This one is excellent and easy to understand

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

nielo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag 2CI
My Location
Wales
rolfw said:
There is a long thread in the Portuguese "Other Receivers" section, I believe that it requiresa JTAG to install or modify the bootloader first. But it is definitely patchable to some degree.

Warning to all - the Silvercrest SL-65 recently sold by Lidl in the UK is based around a different (Ali) chip from the previously sold model of the same name. Before anybody gets excited with discussions elsewhere as to what's possible in temrs of flashing new firmware onto an SL65 STB - be aware - if you've just bought a new one from Lidl - they are probably talking about a different STB. At the moment, there appears to be no software patch for the "new" SL65.

nïë1o:cool:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Jamboliam. Im only 30 miles south of you. Have a look at my digitalsat website

_http://www.digitalsat.co.uk

You should get similar results with your dish. You wont get everything as Im using 80cm dishes, but it will give you a representative sample of the stronger satellites you can expect to find.

Angie 76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVB-S SL 65
My Location
Republic of Ireland
I just got the silvercrest system from LIDL, with an 80 cm dish. Anyway I dont know much about satellites. I installed it ok and am getting italian and german stations and loads of arab stations aswell.

What I want to view though are the English Channels BBC, ITV etc which I am not recieving due to a poor signal. I tried moving the dish a bit, but it didnt work. Would it help if I installed another similar dish in the opposite direction?

Thanks.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Angie 76 said:
I installed it ok and am getting italian and german stations and loads of arab stations aswell.

Sounds like you're no pointing at 28 East - where the UK channels live.

Maybe 19.2 East Astra or 13 East Hotbird.

Check the other Sky dishes in your area and that will give you an idea where to point the dish. It will be to the left of your current position when viewed from the back of the dish.

Mark the dish position on the mount before you move it - then you can put it back easily.

Angie 76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVB-S SL 65
My Location
Republic of Ireland
Thanks for the info.:)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
To find Sky, (in UK!), should also work in Eire ......

1 The big 3 (largest output power, so cause biggest "noise" on a sat-finder) European dbs sats are Hotbird, Astra1, Astra2 (Sky)).

2. Of these, Hotbird is furthest right (looking from behind dish, towards satellite).

3. Astra1 is then approx 3 degrees left of Hotbird.

4. Asta2 (Sky) is then 9 degrees further left of Astra1, so that's 3 times the previous separation, and also DOWN JUST A LITTLE BIT!

I can't comment on relative beam strengths as received in EIre, you'll have to look at "footprint" maps, easy enough to find on Web!

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
My Freeview box is playing up (has been since the first day I set it up), its a Thompson with a slot for Top Up TV. I am going to take it back and get a refund. I was looking through the posts here and can see that some channels should be available on my satellite (so why buy another Freeview) would I be able to get the normal five, plus some of the sky channels without a Sky card if I move one of my dishes?Hmmm?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
ops, sorry harrowman, pressed wrong button, though no doubt you don't mind!
(my fault, this time, can't blame faulty dns or browser....).

Free Sky channels exclude ch4/5 ( a £20 freesat card gets those, but on a sky digibox only!), and e4/more4. Also, you don't get tmf or ftn (just in case anyone actually watches them!).

Otherwise, for the rest, see the free Sky channels list on Lyngsat website.

Angie 76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVB-S SL 65
My Location
Republic of Ireland
I finally managed to get all the English channels by moving the satellite in the right direction, although I lost all the Italian channels by doing this, dont really mind though.

Thanks for the tips :D

JAMBOliam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65 with DiSeq 1.2 motor, HDrive 100gigs, dvd recorder, 5.1 goodmans surround sound, xbox360 wifi live,goodmans GD3
My Location
Edinburgh
Analoguesat said:
Jamboliam. Im only 30 miles south of you. Have a look at my digitalsat website

_http://www.digitalsat.co.uk

You should get similar results with your dish. You wont get everything as Im using 80cm dishes, but it will give you a representative sample of the stronger satellites you can expect to find.

thanks a lot mate- good site too

raythebike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Cheshire UK
I have been using the SL65 for a while, but two problems occur:
1) I cannot seem to get a signal from RTBF SAT,or am able to edit the channel.
2) Stop the dish losing its position when it is windy and blows out of position. Do I get a motor, if so which one is recommended.
I have been on Hotbird but now have it pointed to Astra 19.2.
Anyone offer help here?

erniew59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest
My Location
st.helens
whre can i get some codes for the silvercrest sl 65 thanks

mike57

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl 65/12 dvbs
My Location
north wales
purchased a silvercrest sl 65/12 dvbs reciever,complete with everything,got it for using with tourer caravan,it all slots together and is great,but...cannot get channel 4....or..channel 5.it says scrambled?can anyone help?as to when it will be unscrambled,email me please..mikeandjude59@msn.com

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
mike57 said:
purchased a silvercrest sl 65/12 dvbs reciever,complete with everything,got it for using with tourer caravan,it all slots together and is great,but...cannot get channel 4....or..channel 5.it says scrambled?can anyone help?as to when it will be unscrambled,email me -----

You need a sky box with a "Freesat" card in order to receive channels Four and Five as they still have an encryption contract with sky...

Don't post your email address unless you want endless spam mail... :rolleyes:

Inverschnecky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl silvercrest
My Location
Inverness
gameboy said:
Sounds like you're no pointing at 28 East - where the UK channels live.

Maybe 19.2 East Astra or 13 East Hotbird.

Check the other Sky dishes in your area and that will give you an idea where to point the dish. It will be to the left of your current position when viewed from the back of the dish.

Mark the dish position on the mount before you move it - then you can put it back easily.

I'm a bit further north (57) - Right on the edge of the 'footprint' maps so I tried to find Astra 2D 'North beam', as I'm new to this I didn't find it, or any others, occasionally my sat finder goes mad however I can't seem to hold the signal.

When connected to the receiver I get between 60-80% signal intensity however the signal quality sits at 14%.

From the above quote I assume that the azemuth angle changes but the vertical orientation doesn't?

Can the lidl kit cope with this latitude?
Am I just too far north?

Thankyou all for the info it's helped allot.
:-worship

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:confused

Astra 2D doesnt have a north beam.

All the 28E satellites are co-located so if you can see one you can see all of them :D

jaytapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL65
(Trying to get it to work)
My Location
Kent
Just brought the Silvercrest SL65 Satellite kit.

Using other sky minidish's in the area as a guide. Set the dish in roughly the right direction and angle. As I want to recieve Astra1 28.2E.

Then using the sat-beeper that came with the kit moved the dish to the right location according to the highest pitched sound coming from the finder. Which meant I need to move the dish to a slightly different position. (The sat-beeper only seems to change pitch in 1 place, expected serveral changes at each satellite location)

But nothing....now I'm new to all of this and the instruction manual does't help.

TV shows a no signal message, with a raindrop type of symbol. I did manage to get the screen on the TV to show between 60-80% signal intensity and the signal quality at 14%, when I go to antenna setup.
According to the troubleshooting part of the manual 60% should be good enough but still no pictures.

Please any help.....thanks jay