Some success with ITV HD on Fortec Passion

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
KyleRickards said:
Hi Llew

Please could you help me - am about to see whether both my laptop and the Passion can bounce!!

Kyle

Shouldn't be appearing as a radio channel if you have the pids entered in advanced scan. Should come up as User TV.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
That looks like Crystal Palace!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Nice one. Some excellent footage of the city and environs showing on the channel. Rather watch that than the guff on regular ITV :-doh2

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Hi Llew

It shows up after scan as User TV on Passion, only when I put it in Setedit, it appears on the Radio side. Then I alter the settings as per your post, which it seems to like and save (!) but everytime I click the HD box and save, after reopening it, the HD tick is missing. Is this because I am using the demo version of Setedit maybe?

Thanks
Kyle

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
KyleRickards said:
Hi Llew

It shows up after scan as User TV on Passion, only when I put it in Setedit, it appears on the Radio side. Then I alter the settings as per your post, which it seems to like and save (!) but everytime I click the HD box and save, after reopening it, the HD tick is missing. Is this because I am using the demo version of Setedit maybe?

Thanks
Kyle
use setedit version 1.01, it worked for me with SID=0, vpid=3401 vpid=3402 PMT=3400 PCR PID=3401 HD box - ticked

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks Danit, still refuses to save the HD status, tried different USB sticks and used desktop and laptop - saves the ID changes just not HD - how annoying!!

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Changed all the settings as from the above and I get nothing too.
Are they actually transmitting any test signal as i get no video or audio come up

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
gnr said:
Changed all the settings as from the above and I get nothing too.
Are they actually transmitting any test signal as i get no video or audio come up
yep, transmitting regular audio & video test signal, the usual aereal views, churches, etc. perfect on my Passion HD

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Well I have sound but no picture...I must be doing something wrong. setedit does not seem to save the HD (1.01)

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion HD& 60cm H-H
My Location
South
Hi all, greetings, this is my first post although I've been lurking & reading the mail for some time looking for info on receivening ITV HD on a Passion.

It seems that Setedit 1.01 for the Passion looses the tick box HD flag when the channel list is saved. So 1.01 may still have some bugs with HD. I guess gnr you are loading the channel list into the STB using a USB stick? Been there done that myself :-) Last night I made up a null modem cable and transferred the channel data via RS232 which solves the problem.

But despite trying various settings for ITV HD I still can't resolve any picture and sound. Guess I'm doing something daft, I'm rather rusty having been out of the satellite scene for a few years. Paul

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Well i will not be able to make up a null modem cable, if i could the computer ti too far away! with sound the settings are from the menu on the passion
astra 2A 28.2 E 11428H 27500
v-pid(8192) A-pid(3402) P-pid(3401)

changing the V-pid to 3401 is when i lose the sound and have nothing

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hiya

Beginning to think I was going mad so it's interesting other people are having problems with SetEdit. Truth to be told I am probably not that interested in watching it now, but it's become obsession to get it on!

I can't go down the null modem cable route either so I wonder what the solution is...

Kyle

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
KyleRickards said:
Hiya

Beginning to think I was going mad so it's interesting other people are having problems with SetEdit. Truth to be told I am probably not that interested in watching it now, but it's become obsession to get it on!

I can't go down the null modem cable route either so I wonder what the solution is...

Kyle

What version of Setedit are you using ? It works with 'V1.01 Build 119' but not with 'V1.01 Build 124'.

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
I take it we are all using the same software setedit 1.01
Loader version 1.14 for the passion and 1.07 software (November 2007).
If some people have it working..................

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
where can i get build 119 as i am using build 124

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
gnr said:
where can i get build 119 as i am using build 124

I got it on another forum - Sataid.net

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion HD& 60cm H-H
My Location
South
I thought I was going mad too. It's amazing how something which should be fairly simple can provide so many hours of entertainment!

Fortunately I have a laptop as well as the desktop which is in another room. It was a bit of a faff, the laptop has no serial port of course so I first had to persuade a USB serial adapter I already had to work with Vista(!). It is a Prolific based OEM one. Going to the Prolific web site their policy is not to make Vista drivers available to end users (why not?!) I eventually found one that worked on a third party manufacturer's site. And then I made the null modem cable and of course got the connections wrong first time. Such fun and so much more interesting than going out for a pint last night!

Hopefully Wolfgang Litzinger the Setedit author will fix the save problem soon. I emailed him via the Setedit web site yesterday to alert him to it in case he wasn't already aware.

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Thanks but the site will not let you register and all the forum posts are private so do not show up

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just downloaded 119, sorted! Now have ITV HD!! But no sound... Is there anything at the moment being broadcast?

London looks quite nice in HD.

GNR - I had that problem the other morning but it allowed me to register kind-of mid morning so it will let you in eventually.

Many thanks to everyone who have saved my sanity over ITV!

Kyle