Some success with ITV HD on Fortec Passion

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
PS.........I think this is HD.....................

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
PS it looks like HD.......................

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, they were showing the programme a couple days ago, and the football in the evening. Comparing the normal ITV channel and the HD tests, there was a significant difference in picture quality, must be using HD cameras at the match.

Llew

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
A bit off topic. Are there any TV listing mags that say what is on ITVHD, BBCHD.
I know the BBC use their web site, ITV's is....well not really there. The epg on the passion (for me), does not give much of a guide.

clobryn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar Dreambox 7020si
Sky+
My Location
Wales
Ratchet said:
I added the channel from scratch using Setedit rather than edit an existing channel. Have you tried various PID combos, i.e. Service ID 10510 and / or PMT PID 3400 ? You may want to give my channel list a go, I've attached it here. ITV HD is channel 0024 but make a backup / copy of your own database in case this one doesn't work.

Thanks for the list ratchet, now have Luxe, and ITV regards clob

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Hiya

Kind of related (!), I have the five BBCi feeds programmed as discreet channels but cannot hear commentary on certain programmes - do I need to change the Audio PID to hear the alternate soudn stream?

(Sorry if this is off topic)

Thanks
Kyle

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion HD& 60cm H-H
My Location
South
Arghh I'm envious! I haven't actually seen any programmes on ITV HD yet...

Paul

josh2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
x
My Location
uk
You people had a difficult birth with your box I sorted it out with the Clarke Tech in next to no time. The key for that is to lock the PIDs, using the manufactures own software for set edit operations cuts out the variable that is introduced by other peoples sofware not working correctly. That is the problem you got here and people get with the CT.

On C4HD listing I use this:

_http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/Channel%204%20HD/

If a film says HD it will be broadcast in HD. There is a BBC listing as well plus there owns. Obviously there won't be an ITV HD listing yet.

Bob Warriner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Humax 9200T.
Pioneer PDP-434HE.
Mission all round.
ICOM IC-R75.
Wellbrook HF Loop.
Octava HDMI Switcher.
Home Built Computer
3.06Mhz Pentium.
XP OS.
My Location
West Sussex UK
josh2 said:
You people had a difficult birth with your box I sorted it out with the Clarke Tech in next to no time. The key for that is to lock the PIDs, using the manufactures own software for set edit operations cuts out the variable that is introduced by other peoples sofware not working correctly. That is the problem you got here and people get with the CT.

On C4HD listing I use this:

_http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/Channel%204%20HD/

If a film says HD it will be broadcast in HD. There is a BBC listing as well plus there owns. Obviously there won't be an ITV HD listing yet.

That's a very useful URL, thanks Josh.
Rgds Bob.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
josh2 said:
You people had a difficult birth with your box I sorted it out with the Clarke Tech in next to no time.

Maybe, but setting PID values by using a channel editor was first described here for the Passion box - only then other receivers using their respective channel editors began to be modified to enable ITV HD ( indeed you acknowlege this in your post describing your CT solution by thanking those who posted PIDS...)

Llew

josh2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
x
My Location
uk
How it goes is that the pids and stuff are pulled off by people with their dvb cards. Then the other group of people with their dvb cards realised that the H.222 header was duff and it was H.264, so then it's a question of getting the box not to get knocked off balance by the data stream saying something different.

CT did not change their own setedit software for this. I emailed them and they didn't know the solution. I emailed them again when I sorted it out with their own tools. They emailed back and thanked me. Lock pids is the key for the Clarke Tech else the H.222 forces it to treat it as a radio channel.

The level of noise out their with people having problems is related to how different these tools work and the bugs in them. Wolfgangs does have a bug in it. Plus user error.

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South
I notice the early evening news is running on ITV HD at the moment. I wonder if we are going to get programmes all evening from now on?

whiskeydry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion
Toshiba 46XF355D
My Location
UK
Hi
First time on the site and very impressed. Lots of knowledgable people freely offering help, great stuff.
I uploaded Fortec's latest S/W downloads and now have ITV HD :)
However, I have clipped audio on LUXE HD. Fortec's Channel List shows an APID of 2320 but Ratchet's lists this as 2324, which I suspect is the correct setting. However, I cannot seem to change this. It seems to work fine in Setedit but does not appear to change the APID on the upload and stays constant at 2320.
Any ideas? Anything special I need to do after I upload the new channel list?
Many thx

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South
A couple of days ago Fortec made a new loader and channel list available for download. I haven't tried it (if it ain't broke don't fix it) but they explicitly mention ITV HD in the description. Perhaps they read this thread? :-)
_http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=101%2C1

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South
Apologies, Ratchet posted info about this a week ago! Arghh it must be dementia kicking in

scottgough

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi

I've successfully downloaded and installed the latest s/w but still have no ITV HD?
I can get BBC and Luxe, I'm on Astra 28.2E?

I'm sure I've probably missed a whole thread or something! if so, sorry!

outatime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
London
scottgough said:
Hi

I've successfully downloaded and installed the latest s/w but still have no ITV HD?
I can get BBC and Luxe, I'm on Astra 28.2E?

I'm sure I've probably missed a whole thread or something! if so, sorry!

I'm in exactly the same situation; all updated software/firmware but no ITV HD shows up in the listings...

I know it's a red button service, but how would that work with a Passion HD box?

So frustrating...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The red button trick is only needed with Freesat boxes.

Do a factory reset after you've installed the software, then select Regional Channels. ITV HD should then appear in your channel list.

Llew

outatime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
London
Sorry to sound like a moron, but what do you mean by select regional channels?

I can't find that option... (In my defence I've only had this system for a few hours :D)

outatime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
London
Will the factory reset undo any of the software/firmware updates I installed today?