Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Cormoran said:
I wish to make it clear that I am not, even a tiny little bit, hurt by the fact that my PS. in post #6 has been totally disregarded by EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-rofl2 :-lmao

A

archive10

satelliteman said:
Looks like some dirt on the lens.

No, it's from google earth streetview, as made obvious by the zoom thingy in the top left hand corner. :)

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Analoguesat said:
Whats at the back?

Back lane type thing

Analoguesat said:
Just as a matter of interest why does the top pic make it look like the right hand flat is on fire or has the roof been hidden in a Bermuda Triangle like fog bank??

It's jsut what the Google Van did on Street View

Cormoran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Gibertini + Titanium LNB + New Horizons NH-210 motor, 65cm Als*t + Megasat Diavolo LNB, TMS-1500CI+, 60cm minidish + octo LNB serving 2x Amstrad Sky+HD digiboxes and 2x Bush HD Freesat receivers (Don't laugh, they do the job!).
My Location
Norfolk
Oh, ok. I get it - ignore the new kid and he'll shut up, eh?? :)

satelliteman said:
Anyhow as mentioned, what about a patio mount on a couple of slabs. Should be enough room at the front.

Appears the man has two reasons why not - a) "There's nothing at all, it's practially on the road!" and b) "the fence post trick would work well but I could wake up in the morning with the dish missing!"

If he's concerned that the dish will vanish from a fence post I think he might be just as concerned that it will vanish from a patio mount.

But then, why would any ne'erdowell bother to unbolt it from the patio mount?

Say "Bye-bye patio mount AND dish". (AND slabs???).

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Cormoran said:
But then, why would any ne'erdowell bother to unbolt it from the patio mount?

So they could sell/use it ;)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If a couple of large slabs are used bolted together, it would certainly take some lifting. The likelihood of it being lifted would be pretty slim without being noticed; then again I don't know the area :-rofl2

Magnu420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 97cm dish,quad lnb,tm2600 motor,dm500s,and 2 dm600s
My Location
lancs uk
why not ask the guy to the left of you ask him if you could put
a dish on his gable end,get some t&k brackets,a length of scaffold pole
then just run the cable across the bit off a gap and into a room where you want it