Summer house project

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
@martin-f have you seen the hedgehogs again?

No he's not been back Chris :(, I started putting cat food and meal worms down, and I obviously got cats :-rofl2 so I stopped feeding cat food and just meal worms, but still know sign of him, but the blackbirds love them :). I am still going to make the hut, and see about adopting some in need :),

This is where I am at with the SH, I am now going to remove the wall where the door is on the brick built shed :eek: more work:D
DSCN8117.JPG DSCN8118.JPG DSCN8119.JPG DSCN8120.JPG DSCN8123.JPG

A

Archive-8

I have 1 living in the garden, she has slowly starting to trust me.

As she talks to me.

Last night I took her food out as normal, put it down in front, and she dived in to it :-)

After she had eat it, she started running around me squeeking at me.

And if you just sit still, she started coming up to my leg. Then started to sniff me, and squeeking.

Then started running around the garden. About an hour later I took some more food out for her, along with some water. And she came straight up to me.

Last year she had some hogletts :-) and they all came out to me.

I have just been able to train the dog to leave it alone, by buying him off with a biscuit. And putting him in doors.

It's well worth persisting with. It will pay off.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
That's great Chris:), its quite hard for them to get in, I think the one i had had been hibernating at the top of the garden and found his way out, post some pictures up please if you don't mind pal :)

A

Archive4

No I don't mind, yes surrounding neighbours can see it, but I have planning permission for the dish, and the summer house is permitted development, so no I am not worried :).
Shouldn´t affect the Polish? neighbours, might upset your sky minidish! The neighbours aren´t watching 28.2, or near it!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi all, not much to report today, the grandchildren and my daughters have been round for the day, but ive managed to get the other window fitted in and the stud work protected, its starting to take shape now :).
DSCN8124.JPG DSCN8125.JPG DSCN8126.JPG DSCN8127.JPG DSCN8128.JPG

A

Archive-8

After a couple of hours sat in the garden. I finally got a close up photo of the hog :-)

image.jpg

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Great stuff Chris :), thanks for taking time out for the picture:) does she sleep in the hog house every night do you know pal.

A

Archive-8

Great stuff Chris :), thanks for taking time out for the picture:) does she sleep in the hog house every night do you know pal.
Not yet, she is sleeping under one of the sheds, right in the back corner.

It will take them about 1 or 2 years for them to move in to the hogalow. As long as it doesn't smell of any humans.

As she may be using that as a birthing chamber.

But she is checking it out every night.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Great Chris, I will bear this in mind :), please keep me up to date with her :)

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Got one big enough for this hedgehog
oscar1-jpg.76525

Here´s Spike! My alarm system!!

I am sure I could sort him one out now he has an appropiote name

A

Archive4

Got one big enough for this hedgehog
oscar1-jpg.76525

Here´s Spike! My alarm system!!

I am sure I could sort him one out now he has an appropiote name
Cheating, and overuse of God like powers. Unfortunately, he died 6 years ago, blood cancer, miss him, his sister is 12.5663706144 years old, and still going strong. You can see her on 1st car thread, although an old picture!

PS, he was Oscar because he was Wild!

Sorry for the spelling correction, but SWMBO likes crosswords, I should know, I´ve received a few of them!

Sorry 2, had to get Molly´s age correct, any maths people out there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Unfortunately, he died 6 years ago, blood cancer, miss him

Sorry to here that Brian, I know what its like to lose a pet, he was a budgie but well loved, it hurt when he went :(,

Yes I saw the picture of him in the car thread :),

A

Archive4

Just for the record, my daughter in Eastleigh, Hampshire, has a hedgehog called " sonic ", I know, not original, but she / he has been bringing friends round lately. Will ask for pics

A

Archive4

Spike, aka Oscar will never be forgotten. Think he would have liked Spike, here he is with my grandson!oscarandjordan.jpg

Guess who is the tallest!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
There both cute Brian:) , it looks like Oscar has the edge ;).