Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
WildBit said:
Thanks, I guess my post wasn't all that clear either...

yes sorry re-read your post :-doh2

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i have a question.
are these white cards working on satellite receivers other that sky boxes?
is there cams one can buy and use a sky cards?
will the cards keep updates and run or do they have to be updated?
just wondering.

thanks
to all
ralph:):)

tattooman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dbox 5002
My Location
ireland
hi B16MCC , can u post mgcamd conf what u using or is it just default cfg what we need to download to update emm on sly white

Thnks
TM

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
ralphmagno, yes they are working in the Dreambox. That's what this entire thread is all about. This discusion is aimed at Dreambox users, 99% of which don't use hardware CAMs, we use CAM emulation software and card server software instead. As far as I know there is currently NO hardware CAM that will run this card.

tattooman, its against board rules to post configs. The camd_cfg in /var/keys is pretty standard , the only change I made is the G parameter.

G: { 03 }

As for the newcamd.list file then this is obviously written specifically to suite your NewCS server details. I'll be releasing the Config Creator v0.7 to include the creation of this file in Simple Mode possibly later today. It's almost ready.

tattooman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dbox 5002
My Location
ireland
bm thnk u for the info
bw exxelent job about that cfg.
i have other questions on newcs+cccam is it possible use autosid option or not ?

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
the option "autosid" is available and enabled on most newcs configurations

tattooman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dbox 5002
My Location
ireland
wildbit only way then is disable channels i dont have via F lines ?
im getting bad ecms on channels on newcs what i dont have example asian and geo tv

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
yup, filter the channels or disable autosid. B16MCC is the "man" and surely knows more

boez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm500
My Location
Dumfries
Guys

After a week or so getting CCCam/NewCS to successfully communicate with Acamd as a DVBViewer plugin I came across this thread and was interested by the entitlement updates mgcamd allowed.

I just want to use my Sly card to allow DVBViewer to view encrypted channels.

I managed to get NewCS 1.66 and mgcamd 1.31 to show encrypted channels on the DM500 but I'm stuck at the next stage of allowing Acamd to access mgcamd. Can anyone help with a few lines that I may need to add to mgcamd or Acamd config files?

Thanks in advance...

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
boez said:
Guys

After a week or so getting CCCam/NewCS to successfully communicate with Acamd as a DVBViewer plugin I came across this thread and was interested by the entitlement updates mgcamd allowed.

I just want to use my Sly card to allow DVBViewer to view encrypted channels.

I managed to get NewCS 1.66 and mgcamd 1.31 to show encrypted channels on the DM500 but I'm stuck at the next stage of allowing Acamd to access mgcamd. Can anyone help with a few lines that I may need to add to mgcamd or Acamd config files?

Thanks in advance...

ACamd can connect directly to the newcamd server using an N line. In the cardclient config file
newcamd:192.168.7.54:34000:1/0000/0000:username:password:0102030405060708091011121314

boez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm500
My Location
Dumfries
WildBit said:
ACamd can connect directly to the newcamd server using an N line. In the cardclient config file
newcamd:192.168.7.54:34000:1/0000/0000:username:password:0102030405060708091011121314

Wildbit

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I've tried a similar looking line in the Acamd cardclient.conf file. Of course I used a different IP. Is the port number dependent upon setup? Is there a default username/password?

(As I test I tried connecting to newcs directly, i.e. no mgcamd running, using a similar line to your suggestion and it worked, the picture pixelated though and I'd still like the entitlement updates you get from using mgcamd).

I've made no changes to the config files on the Dreambox so these are as default (Nabilo image with cams downloaded from AddOns). Is there anything I need to add to the mgcamd config files?

Good news is that my entitlements updated overnight to December so I know somethings working!

Andy

AcamD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer 4.1.1, DVBServer 4.1.1, Acamd. Linux NewCS (radegast) Server. Omnikey 3121. x2 DVB-S Compro S350. Freesat from Sky.
My Location
United Kingdom
boez said:
Wildbit

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I've tried a similar looking line in the Acamd cardclient.conf file. Of course I used a different IP. Is the port number dependent upon setup? Is there a default username/password?

(As I test I tried connecting to newcs directly, i.e. no mgcamd running, using a similar line to your suggestion and it worked, the picture pixelated though and I'd still like the entitlement updates you get from using mgcamd).

I've made no changes to the config files on the Dreambox so these are as default (Nabilo image with cams downloaded from AddOns). Is there anything I need to add to the mgcamd config files?

Good news is that my entitlements updated overnight to December so I know somethings working!

Andy

Mgcamd running, connect Acamd to NewCs directly as a radegast client: NewCS can be configured to act as a radegast server; the relevant settings are set in newcs.xml in the radegast section: <enabled>Yes<enabled>, <hostname>all<hostname>.

In Acamd's cardclient.conf: radegast:192.168.0.80:10001:0/0000/0000 (Change the IP address to the NewCS address and the port number, 10001, to the radegast listening port.)

I can get ACamd to connect to the NewCS newcamd server, but it won't clear encrypted channels: configured as a radegast client encrypted channels clear, channel changes are instantaneous, and the picture is perfect.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&amp;Cams&amp;Cas
My Location
Ireland
I simply created a user on the server with the newcs admin console, typically on port 8080; then connect with ACamd no problem using your customized newcamd line. Sometimes it's the codecs that don't quite click or maybe the plugins run into problems but if your entitlements were updated than I suspect the card is not the issue. You should see it in newcs, right?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
DM600 x 2
DM100 x 2
My Location
Liverpool
just so I can get this right in my tiny brain, would my setup would be as follows:-

Local
Dreambox 7025 - Omnikey [White Card]
Newcs
CCCam

Dreambox 600
MGcam (Connecting to Newcs)

Dreambox600
CCCam (Connecting to CCcam)

External
Dreambox 7025 - Omnikey [White Card]
Newcs
CCCam

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
vampsthevampyre :- that will work fine mate. You could have the 2nd DM600 connect directly to NewCS rather than going via CCcam, but that's up to you of course.

boez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm500
My Location
Dumfries
AcamD said:
Mgcamd running, connect Acamd to NewCs directly as a radegast client: NewCS can be configured to act as a radegast server; the relevant settings are set in newcs.xml in the radegast section: <enabled>Yes<enabled>, <hostname>all<hostname>.

In Acamd's cardclient.conf: radegast:192.168.0.80:10001:0/0000/0000 (Change the IP address to the NewCS address and the port number, 10001, to the radegast listening port.)

I can get ACamd to connect to the NewCS newcamd server, but it won't clear encrypted channels: configured as a radegast client encrypted channels clear, channel changes are instantaneous, and the picture is perfect.

Wierd, I can connect to NewCS from AcamD (on the PC) as a newcamd client (and decrypt) but not as a radegast client!

Please DONT post long cam logs on the forum - admin

So using AcamD as a newcamd client will have to do!

One thing that bugs me; when I run CCcam on the DM I see it in the list of users in the NewCS webpage. However, when I stop CCcam and run mgcamd it never appears in the list although all works ok (I'll be certain of this once an entitlement update has occurred!).

Thanks again
Andy

satter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu duo
My Location
Berlin
Question for the noobs (like me)

The white card works now internal and with the smargo?

I just need to edit the newcs.xml (i found it in var/tuxbox/config)

change those three things to yes
add the boxkey

then add the N line to cccam.cfg

the n line is N: 192.168.1.67 12000 NEWCS 123SZSZZ 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

i do not understand where the user and password come from ?? Or where to find it.

Do i need to create an f line for newcs so it can connect to cccam.cfg??

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
The card can be run in the internal but I don't recommend it. Too Hot !
You cannot run this card in a smargo.
The user and pass in your N line are set in the newcs.xml.
You do not need an F line in CCcam.cfg

Please don't hijack this thread with general questions about card server and emulator configs. There's plenty of information about how the different setups work. Thanks...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A reminder - please dont post cam logs on the forum - it could get the forum into legal trouble for encouraging c/s 'ing

boez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm500
My Location
Dumfries
boez said:
Wierd, I can connect to NewCS from AcamD (on the PC) as a newcamd client (and decrypt) but not as a radegast client!

Please DONT post long cam logs on the forum - admin

So using AcamD as a newcamd client will have to do!

One thing that bugs me; when I run CCcam on the DM I see it in the list of users in the NewCS webpage. However, when I stop CCcam and run mgcamd it never appears in the list although all works ok (I'll be certain of this once an entitlement update has occurred!).

Thanks again
Andy

@admin: Apologies, I thought limiting it to 10 lines would be ok :) It wont happen again.

Anyway to answer my own question in case anyone having a similar problem, the reason that I was not seeing mgcamd logging onto NewCS is that I'd changed the mgcamd config file when I was struggling to get it to work. I had set it to G: {04} I needed to change this back to G: {01}. Roll on an second entitlement update so I can give it all a thumbs up!

Andy