Riverblue
Regular Member
- My Satellite Setup
- See Signature
- My Location
- Near Brighton
Wood? . . . . . . . Plastic? . . . . . . . Cardboard?And we can get them made by ourselves out of.... you know what material![]()
Wood? . . . . . . . Plastic? . . . . . . . Cardboard?And we can get them made by ourselves out of.... you know what material![]()
I thought that there was only one type of feed arm assembly for the "Type 120" dish that us hobbyists generally have, those that fix through the dish and link up at the lnb holder. Like so;
View attachment 73771
They are fixed by bolts through the back;
View attachment 73772
But now I've spotted these images of a slightly different arrangement, note the sidearms and how they are fixed to the lnb holder;
View attachment 73773
View attachment 73774
It still looks like it is aimed at a central position to me! Also it looks like it gives more clearance for the attached feed horn.
Anyones else have feed arms like this on their Channel Master dish, or has seen one before? Does anyone think that the fact that it is probably (according to the logo!) an "Andrews" dish make any difference (which would make it newer!). Thought that they were all the same?![]()

Martin! It depends on pipe wall thickness, if it something like 0,5-0,8mm than weight could be even less than aluminum/ And, one more thing- aluminum is not very easy to weld and it oxidizes over time on fresh air.too much weight with inox and 3/4 lnb on it, good grade aluminium might be the way to go with this

No Andy i am 6/1 and like a stick lol.Is that you in your avatar picture, Martin? . . . . Your arms don't look 1.8m long!!!![]()
OK, OK, I am not arguing. Any solution, if made properly is good, aluminum of INOX. Perhaps I was little wrong about thickness of the pipes for feedarms, 1-1,5mm would be more proper.
. its up to you what you use pal
, i was just wanting to keep the weight down and saying i don't feel the need for inox here, by all means i am sure it will work just as well as ally
.I've painted some LNB holders last night. And painted they look like made of....... you will not believe!..... not polished INOX!
So, there is my plan: Next Sunday (can not do it on Saturday, as I godrinkingfishing to the North sea) will take down Fibo 120 from my balcony and instead of it will erect CM 120.
Martin, your arm design is very similar to the one Laminas have in their 1.8m dish. Would be interested in seeing the final product
Thanks Alex for theif you ever get that dish up in the first place!)
I did not make drawing before making. so now did one for you. Blue metal plate ~50x25mm about 5mm thick, pinkish metal plates 2mm thick 3 pieces 50mmX15mm and one piece 20x15 mm. Red solid lines where is welding took place. Green doted line- where is some bending applied. This was my last holder (not pretending to be perfect), I came to it after 4 trial versions, which are also workable solutions, I mean they can hold LNB in proper position and also allow some adjustments.Can you post some dimensions of it?
I did not make drawing before making. so now did one for you. Blue metal plate ~50x25mm about 5mm thick, pinkish metal plates 2mm thick 3 pieces 50mmX15mm and one piece 20x15 mm. Red solid lines where is welding took place. Green doted line- where is some bending applied. This was my last holder (not pretending to be perfect), I came to it after 4 trial versions, which are also workable solutions, I mean they can hold LNB in proper position and also allow some adjustments.