VU+ Duo Twin Tuner

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
i have also heard that the new shipment of receivers that are all coming to the uk at end of april (hmm sounds hopefull they arrive then!) will all have a newer firmware revision resolving some bugs!
again thats from kysat sales guys mouth!

any 1 rekon this is correct???

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
totalacedude said:
i have also heard that the new shipment of receivers that are all coming to the uk at end of april (hmm sounds hopefull they arrive then!) will all have a newer firmware revision resolving some bugs!
again thats from kysat sales guys mouth!

any 1 rekon this is correct???

Yes, there is a UK direct batch coming by the end of this month. However S*ysat has ordered via the Belgium distributors and would not get any of the boxes. So unfortunately we need to wait till the 10th of May.

Secondly, if you mean new hardware revision then yes, it has already been verified by people who actually received the mid April batch that there is a Rev 2.2 being shipped out currently. Original was 1.1, then 1.3 and now the 2.2.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
tomthebomb1968 said:
And here is the reply to me aking for a full refund.
Personally, I would contact your credit card company and refuse to pay the charge when it shows up on your statement. From my understanding of English law, the seller and the credit card provider are jointly liable for the sales contract. I am sure this is the case for a UK-based seller, and it probably applies to a foreign seller. If so, the credit card company will have to refund the 2.5% fee and they will make a charge back to the seller. If enough people complain about sharp practices, the seller will find no card company will deal with him in the future. Maybe the threat of contacting your bank will make him see sense.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Normally I would probably do what you say. But right now I need the money back in my account so as i can get the VU+ ordered from another source. They emailed today to say the refund had been processed and that "However, we've been able to trim this further to just a 1.75% amount relating to fees"

After doing some reading I suspect that this was because I used a debit card and not a credit card. My understanding is that debit card transactions have a one of fee to the vendor of 50pence and credit cards are 2.5% of the transaction. This being the case they are still making a few quid but I'm just relieved that the saga is at an end.

Well i hope it is, the money aint in my account yet and I thought it would be done instantly, it came out instantly lol. Contaced card company and they say its not there and not pending.

Now for the good bit lol, having informed them that my main reason for wanting a refund was not due to the waiting time being continually extended but the fact that i was in contact via this forum with others who had ordered from them and that the information each of us was being given was contradictory,sometimes we were receiving emails as little as 30 mins apart with totally different dates that they said they were expecting their shipment. Also that on 2 occasions they said they received boxes, on another email said their shipment was confirmed in Schipol Airport. I made them aware that their refusal to give me the full refund may cost them more than the 2.5% approx £10 in the grand scheme of things. They threatned me with this.

Whilst we welcome your contributions onto any forum as knowledgeable helpful people improve the industry for many others and make it more interesting, may we please respectfully remind you that any false or unjustified / unproven claims or statements towards this business that harm our generally widely respected name will have to be followed-up on and appropriate action taken if required against you.

So I state. Everything I have posted re my attempt to purchase a VU+ duo from SKY_SAT Europe is as far as I am aware a correct chronological account of what has happened. I think they have done more damage to their widely respected name with their false promises to customers than any comments i have made on this forum.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
oneforall said:
On the other hand, now I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order. And going for the DM500 HD. Twin-tuner, perhaps is not for me anyway and also an internal drive is not so important. An external USB drive should be good enough.

It costs about 100 bucks less, and also has a better chip within.
New Dreambox 800HD and 7020HD being released soon.

Dream presents new HDTV boxes
World premiere: Dream presents new HDTV boxes
DM800HD se and DM7020HD at the Anga Cable show

World premiere at the Anga Cable show! Dream Multimedia, the leading supplier of Linux-based set-top boxes, will be presenting two new HDTV Dreamboxes at the trade show in Cologne from 4. to 6. May 2010.
The prototypes of the DM800HD se and the DM7020HD models will be presented for the first time. And there are more new developments from Dream.

The Dream Multimedia HDD Case is an elegant eSata-USB solution for connecting external hard drives to a Dreambox or a personal computer. The case will fit a 3.5“ hard drive, and features the typical Dream design. A particular highlight is that the contents of the hard drive can be encrypted using either a numeric code or a smartcard.

The presentation at booth H40 will, however, focus on the new HDTV Dreamboxes. The DM800HD se features a new DVB-S2 tuner as well as a more powerful processor. In addition to two Smartcard readers it also comes equipped with an HDMI interface. An absolutely new feature in this second edition of the DM800HD is the multi-colour OLED display.

The prototype of the 7020HD, too, features an HDMI interface as well as an OLED display. This Dreambox comes equipped with a DVB-S2 tuner, and also has a socket for an additional plug-and-play tuner.
Appropriately, Dream will be presenting, for the first time, a plug-in DVB-S2 tuner module that can also be used in conjunction with the DM8000HD PVR.

Naturally Dream will also be showing other products at the Anga Cable show, such as the current best-selling Dreambox, the DM500HD and the flagship, the DM8000HD PVR. The Dreambox team looks forward to seeing you at our show booth, H40.

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
tomthebomb1968 said:
Whilst we welcome your contributions onto any forum as knowledgeable helpful people improve the industry for many others and make it more interesting, may we please respectfully remind you that any false or unjustified / unproven claims or statements towards this business that harm our generally widely respected name will have to be followed-up on and appropriate action taken if required against you.
Disgusting.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Wohoo. Managed to get one today, will be with me on Friday. £393 delivered.
All this time chasing one and got offered 2. lol

oneforall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL 100 HD
My Location
Germany
tomthebomb1968 said:
Wohoo. Managed to get one today, will be with me on Friday. £393 delivered.
All this time chasing one and got offered 2. lol
Several comments :D
- Did you already get the refund?
- Where did you get this new box from?
- Congratulations! :)

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Yes mate the refund cleared yesterday. Strange thing was that £393 was deducted and almost £396 refunded lol. I ordered in euro sone maybe something to do with exchange rates on the day.

I purchased from satfools. I mailed him last week and he said stock would be arriving this week, just like everywhere else really. I mailed him again yesterday not really thinking he would have any but mailed straight back saying he had 2, I could have one and he was keeping one for himself. But I managed to get him to sell it to totalacedude.

So far all has been very smooth and all emails have been responded to almost immediately. He is expecting more stock next week I think. Try mailing him at this rather than the website

please dont post email addresses on the forum - admin

jcl

Reaction score
got mine from satfools approx 3 months ago
excellent service

regards
jcl

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Sorry bout the email address admin, forgot myself.

Agreed jcl, I've been kept up to date the whole process.

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
yea gotta say

cheers tom ;)

mine was supposed to arrive on friday from satfools, but had it sent to work address, had to leave work at 5 still not arrived then only to find royal mail delivery could be up to 6.30 pm!!

1st time i can ever say i cant wait to go back to work on tuesday!! lolol

bob-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+s-t
Raven gemini 70 ,13e,19e,28e
85cm Transparent dish Moteck SG2100 and inverto black ultra lnb.
My Location
UK,Sheffield
Just a note on refunds, i have just had a small battle getting all my money back, if bought in the uk a full refund must be given under long distance selling law ,if they refuse or try to keep some of your money you can claim any losses back from your cc company as they are liable for your loss,just tell them your claiming under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 .

Did you get the duo on Friday then?

aileen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD. Now died. Protek HD 9750
Motorised 88 cm dish
Installed by Robbo
Mac computers
My Location
S E Kent
Does anybody still want one ? Might know of a new one. PM Me

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
crewe
got the shiney new box!

refund on way back from said site all in im minus 20p! lol must be to do with exchange rates lolol

few teething probswith box but that over with its miles better than my 800. faster responce, lots of space inside = not burning hot!
atm the only gripe is fixed tuners, if 1 goes faulty, then its either replace main board or live with it!

oh yea another minor annoyance is the white remote... basically, the buttons u use the most u have to stretch for... not been thought out...

using blackhole and im totally new to it, didnt like it at 1st, but thats cos i didnt knowhow to access the features.. lol now starting to like it alot :)

had a problem with vfd (display) showing the last menu tree even when i exited out of it! that really pissed me off till i found out that it was only cos i hadnt scanned sats (no channel to show so was crashing)

no hdd in as yet but flashing from the usb stick was childs play!

image on some hd channels is ok, but others is flawless....

ian

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Yeah mine arrived today. Rev 2.2 with a white remote. SD channels are definately better than on my 800, HD differerence is not as dramatic but I still think its a little better. Still fiddling about here but first impressions are very favourable.

Think i may get one of those logitec harmony remotes though. I like to be able to control the receiver and tv from the one remote. These have had good reports with the VU+

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
mines arrived friday with black remote from Sat-Shop ,really impreseed took me 5 mins to set it up ,dont belive everyone saying all falsh pens work ,they dont i tried 3 finally got a chepo one to do it,but really impressed with it have been playing with it for 3 days now

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I have my Vu+ Duo coming next week, i just sold my DM800 so i will hope it's better, had nothing to complain with DM800 really except it's too small and too tight at the back with the connectors.

Staminastan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite - none yet, am researching :o) Computer setup - 1x HTPC running media centre; 2 old rubbish laptops and a Mac for editing
My Location
London
I'm brand new to satellite stuff so please bear with with me!

When we move to our new house in a month or so I've been OKayed putting up my first Sat dish yay. Receiver-wise I've been umming and ahhing between a Dreambox 500HD and more revently a VU+ for ease of use i.e. with an internal HD and twin tuners it's a more straightforward V box replacement for the other half gawd bless 'er. But your comment below worries me, in what way are some of its HD channels only "OK" looking? And are they OK looking compared to pictures output by other boxes?

totalacedude said:
image on some hd channels is ok, but others is flawless....

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Staminastan said:
....in what way are some of its HD channels only "OK" looking? And are they OK looking compared to pictures output by other boxes?

I moved from an AB IPBox 9000HD to the VU+ Duo. The 9000HD is considered to be one of the better boxes out there in terms of image quality. I cant see any difference between the image quality on 9000HD and the VU+ (On a 42" LCD Screen). The SD picture quality wasnt great to begin with, but it has improved with more recent VU+ images.