ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
hehehe glad you are up. I don't knowwwwwwww but what I will do is remove what I have and then add them again, but I have to wait till Deal or no Deal time on 4 + 1 before I can tell because that's when it goes off. Right now it's perfect ;(

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im only on this early in the morning as Im waiting for a plumber to arrive - who was supposed to be here half an hour ago!

ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
:) Well I am glad he's late. He can arrive now.

DragonSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (DRX890C with 2TB Drive) connected to a boring basic sky dish
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
Sky ITA - Not yet connected
My Location
York
Tivù said:
Ralph, he means BBC i, not BBC 1

The i Streams can be accessed via the Red Button from the BBC News Channel, which is not on 2D :)

It's been a good ploy for a while now for those wanting a decent amount of BBC Sport and other stuff, much of which is live (same content as BBC1 but with additional sound and video options on occasion) and a good deal more is repeated several times over the course of a day.

Good information. Will have to try that and pass on to my local customers

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
there could be some problems with the lnb causing some weeker channels to go out.
the skew could be off just enough so that the stronger channels are ok and the weeker transponders go out at night.
if you are sure the alignment is spot on try to rotate the lnb clockwise 1/8 to 1/4 of a inch and see if the channels start to work.
also it is hot so there may be a heat problem with the lnb as well.
i would look at the alignment,skew and then lnb.
ralph

ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
okay I got to watch deal or no Deal LOL. Thank you Analogue and Ralph because for some reason a twist on the LNB did work. the things that make you go hmm. Fingers crossed for Hollyoaks!!

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
good the skew was a tad off causing your problem.
hope all is well in malta.
ralph

springer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HDse
motorized 1.8m
My Location
Malta
I get E4 and Channel 4+1 on 12480 V 27500 2/3 and at the moment (just after Hollyoaks) signal is at its lowest at 38% SNR on a DM800 that locks signal at anything over 25%. I am using a Gibertini 1.5m offset motorised dish and an Invacom dual lnb (believe it or not I was getting an even better signal with a much cheaper B.E.S.T. single lnb which I suggest that you try). Although possible, I do not think you have a 2.4m dish as this would be massive by our standards in Malta. Unless its an old dish we usually do not go bigger than a 1.8m as this should be more than enough for Sky UK viewing except Astra 2D channels.Of course these will need a much larger dish. I suppose something over 3m which I have yet to see!.

Now at local time 23.00 signal is getting better and is 45% snr.

ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
Hi springer :)

My dish measures 5 foot exactly from one side to the other, that's all I know and my lnb is a twin micro something or other, microtechnics? I got it here in Malta.

ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
Actually Springer, do you know what happened to Sky being launched in Malta?

_http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20100114/business/sky-malta-should-enter-tv-market-later-this-year.289659

I have tried to find out to no avail

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well a couple of possible reasons spring to mind;

1. Use of the word Sky in the context of the name "Sky Malta" is probably an infringement of copyright and may lead peole to believe it's a bony fido arm of the Murdoch Empire

2. As it clearly isn't part of the Murdoch Empire, it would likely be an illegal re-transmission service, regardless of the Company name.

So even if it ever launched, it wouldn't be around very long. Probably just long enough to get some Subscritpion income

springer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HDse
motorized 1.8m
My Location
Malta
ladybug said:
Hi springer :)

My dish measures 5 foot exactly from one side to the other, that's all I know and my lnb is a twin micro something or other, microtechnics? I got it here in Malta.

I would say its probably somewhere between a 1.5 and a 1.8 as mine measures 4'6" across and just over 5ft high. As for the lnb its probably an MTI as they were quite popular here with some installers. Since you are using a dual, the B.E.S.T recommendation has to be considered a bit more carefully as the dual does'nt quite have the 'edge' as the single one although it may still be worth trying.

With regards to SkyMalta, it never really was very clear what the deal was exactly! But from what I've heard it never materialized and with the two local providers already having a very hard time at the moment I don't think there's a place for a third player. With probably under 150,000 households in Malta and Gozo our market is very limited.

noggin29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows 7 on compaq tower, 1.1 metre motorised dish, Technomate receiver.
My Location
Malta
Best way to watch UK tele is through the internet. I use :my private network: only£5 a month, no contract and it gives you an English IP address which allows you to watch all British tv, BBC1, BBC2 etc. ITV, etc, Channel 4 and 5 plus BBC and ITV i players. I connect using my computer then transfer my desktop onto my main TV, very easy. Just sign up to the site :my private network: they supply very easy instructions for installing and you will be up and running in about 10 minutes, been with them 18 months, no problems.

DragonSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (DRX890C with 2TB Drive) connected to a boring basic sky dish
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
Sky ITA - Not yet connected
My Location
York
BLUEPLATINUM said:
Virtually all BBC1 sport is simulcast on the BBCi service on ASTRA 2B South.

If you are using a Sky digibox then proceed as follows:
Go to channel 503
Press RED
When BBCi loads go to page 3001
Choose correct multi-screen for your event.

If you are using a FTA box then scan 12441 V 27500 2/3 at which you can store all the BBCi streams.

Thanks. Tested working in Southern Italy. Sat watching Wimbolden live, not using I-Player or BFBS coverage. SWEET.

Now for the F1.

ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
It looks like we are getting a Dreambox. I have to say I am not that sure but I got over ruled :)

It's the HD 800?

My reasoning for being slightly hmmm about it is because as much as it's going to be sky uk I just know I have read somewhere that Channel 4+ 1 E4 etc are not available on the Dreambox.

Does anyone know?

xx

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Have a look at the VU+ Duo also. It has a very sensitive tuner and it's about the same price as a DM800.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Hi Ladybug Just saw these threads just now. As Springer rightly said the Twin output Lnb's (even the Twin B.e.s.t. 0.1db ) have a markedly lesser sensitivity than the Single output Lnb, so for the Astra 28 its better to have a single output lnb and personally I would go for the 'Best' 0.1db (have tried different makes and the 'Best' comes out with flying colours although to be quite honest the Inverto Black is almost identical except that its more expensive).

I have a 1.5 Gibertini Dish and and a couple of 1.2s,:) (Gibertini as well) and tonight I will have a look at the signal of 4+1 and will let you know accordingly.

In the meantime as regards the the DB 800, as Sonnetpete said, consider also the VU+Duo (with two Tuners) or VU+Solo
with one Tuner. These machines are very good and almost identical to the DB 800 workings.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Well had a lookasee and the channels were coming in ok.

Attachments

• Hollyoaks.jpg
    Hollyoaks.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 93

ladybug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Irish subscription.
British TV license
Sky digi box
My Location
Sliema, Malta
Thank you zorbua and sonnetpete. We are going for the duo. Problem seems to be that if we eventually replace the other sky box (we have two for multi room) we will need another dish. Thank you so much for your input.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Just one last thing if you go for another Dish for your second box you can choose a 1.2 mtr. It would be enough for the 28 E and any other Sat for that matter Provided it has been setup properly. That attached photo in my thread was taken with a 1.5 mtr Dish but on my other 1.2 mtr it was coming in perfectly as well. In fact the Snr on that photo showed 32 and with the 1.2 Dish it went up to 28 which is quite ok. Both Dishes have a 'BEST' lnb. PM me if you would require prices and outlets for materials.