BBC reception help in Stockholm, Sweden

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Ok, please take pictures of the dish on the roof as well, then i can tell directly what make it is.

t.m said:
they had an old analouge dish on the roof of the block of flats where i live which became obsolete when bredband was installed so i bought a lnb (600 kr about 40 quid) without a cover on the front and put on it the old feed horn. type of dish i dont know but it has markings on it that are similar to misubushi. i took some pictures with my digital camera at 21.30 swedish time of both itv 2+3 to prove that i receive them and as soon as i work out how to post them i will do it

Channel Master, Gibertini or something else?
[/QUOTE]

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Posting of pictures is very easy T.M. Just push the "manage attachments" button!

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
Amstrad dx90 sky+ h.d box
My Location
stockholm
thanks guys
will post when i come home later today

steffan_st said:
Posting of pictures is very easy T.M. Just push the "manage attachments" button!

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
I Tuned a dish for customer in Västerås with a Sky Meter, I manually tuned the skew after I got the signal as best as I could with the meter.he now gets ITV2 and 3 till around 6pm every day, the dish is a 1.2 Channel Master. Interesting thing is, its a gds310/2 receiver, a capable but not the best receiver around.

regards
Richard, Skyforeurope.com

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
OK, i have conducted the SMW tests now and i can say SMW performs about 3-4% better in C/N compared to MTI, here is Invacom the worst LNB, lagging almost 6-7% behind SMW on the vertical transponders.

I have mounted the SMW LNB directly to the feedhorn with a quarterwave transformer between the feed and LNB to get better VSWR overall.

All i can say that the signal on 10.906V is pending between 37-41%, i have a picture but it is little pixelized.

The threshold of the receiver is just around 40% so i would need about 4% more signal and it would be perfect, however i can't get more signal out of this antenna, it's maximized.

I can do is try another receiver, i don't have anything to test on right now as i am getting my Echostar DVR7000 tomorrow.

I do believe the Echostars tuner should perform better than the cheap budget receiver i have now.

You can see a picture here of the setup.

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
i am ****`d if i can get these pictures to upload but i`ll keep trying. any tips would come in handy. pleeeeease

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Write a title in the title box and the text in the message box that you want to add just as a usual post.

Push the button "manage attachments"

Push "bläddra"

Find the pic you want to upload and doubleclick on it

Push "upload"

Wait until the pic is uploaded and then push "close this window"

Push "submit reply"

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Righty.....

The vertical transponders have now completely disappeared, from 37-41% down to 7% right now.

There is a peak for about two hours each day around 4:30PM to 6:30PM where i get the level 37-41%, other times it's about 7%

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
Likvid said:
Righty.....

The vertical transponders have now completely disappeared, from 37-41% down to 7% right now.

There is a peak for about two hours each day around 4:30PM to 6:30PM where i get the level 37-41%, other times it's about 7%

Must have something to do with your receivers tuner,the difference shouldn't come so fast and steep otherwise.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes i beleive so, it's like dying when it comes below a certain level.

Hmm... where is the pictures he promised?

steffan_st said:
Must have something to do with your receivers tuner,the difference shouldn't come so fast and steep otherwise.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I received my other receiver today, the tuner is a little better than the other receiver, however it isn't enough to get a stable pixel free picture the short hour or so i have a signal on the vertical transponders.

Now it isn't that important for me to get the vertical as i get the horisontal transponders very strong and all i need is a FTA card for ITV.

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
o.k lets try again

Likvid said:
I received my other receiver today, the tuner is a little better than the other receiver, however it isn't enough to get a stable pixel free picture the short hour or so i have a signal on the vertical transponders.

Now it isn't that important for me to get the vertical as i get the horisontal transponders very strong and all i need is a FTA card for ITV.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks!

Which one of the dishes on the roof do you receive 2D with?

I know what the larger prime focus dish with the logo is, it's the old SOL, Sweden Online cable company.

t.m said:
o.k lets try again

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
the biggest one

Likvid said:
Thanks!

I know what the larger prime focus dish with the logo is, it's the old SOL, Sweden Online cable company.

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
how big is that old sol dish likvid 1.2 1.3 metre ?. and also if you look closeley at the pictures you will see that the old paint has either fallen off or is peeling of do you think that if i went up there and scraped of all the old paint and repainted it i would get an even better signal ? or does it not make any difference

Likvid said:
Thanks!

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Aahh no wonder you are getting the vertical transponders.

Sweden Online had two different dishes which they bought for their installation, one was a 1.4 meter Barcom dish and the other one was a 2 meter Fuba or 1.8 meter Fuba.

On the picture the feed arms are inside the dish which probably means it is the 1.4 meter dish.

I have to drive pass Odenplan some day next week to see myself from the street, if i you had a closer picture of the back of the dish i could tell right away.

But i think it is the 1.4 meter.

No you will not get better picture by removing the logo, it's transparent so it doesn't affect the signal.

I need to summarize the reception report for Stockholm so i would need you to report if you get the vertical transponders 24/7 or only a few hours each day?

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
1.4 sounds about right to me, As I said I installed a 1.2 CM dish for someone in Västerås and itv2 works up till about 7 or 8 without breaking up. remember Västerås is 100 km from stockholm and northern stockholm is the strongest point for 2d in Sweden.

a good 100cm dish should be about perfect for all the horizontal 2d channels in stockholm. its all about tuning and good quality dishes.

cheers
Richard, www.skyforeurope.com

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
hi likvid
they come on at about 13.00 swedish time and dissapear sometime after 23.00 (not exactly sure have never checked that late)

Likvid said:
Aahh no wonder you are getting the vertical transponders.

Sweden Online had two different dishes which they bought for their installation, one was a 1.4 meter Barcom dish and the other one was a 2 meter Fuba or 1.8 meter Fuba.

On the picture the feed arms are inside the dish which probably means it is the 1.4 meter dish.

I have to drive pass Odenplan some day next week to see myself from the street, if i you had a closer picture of the back of the dish i could tell right away.

But i think it is the 1.4 meter.

No you will not get better picture by removing the logo, it's transparent so it doesn't affect the signal.

I need to summarize the reception report for Stockholm so i would need you to report if you get the vertical transponders 24/7 or only a few hours each day?

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Same pattern here, it's strongest between around 1PM and 7PM, then it jumps down to about 11% signal quality from about 38%

I have not succeeded to get a stable picture, it's too much pixelation, 10cm more on the dish and i would have a picture during this time frame.

t.m said:
hi likvid
they come on at about 13.00 swedish time and dissapear sometime after 23.00 (not exactly sure have never checked that late)

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
stockholm
watched the programme on rio ferdinand on itv 2 last night and when it finished at 23.00 the sound had started to break up and small piculations appeared on the screen so i dont think it had many more minutes left in it after that

Likvid said:
Same pattern here, it's strongest between around 1PM and 7PM, then it jumps down to about 11% signal quality from about 38%

I have not succeeded to get a stable picture, it's too much pixelation, 10cm more on the dish and i would have a picture during this time frame.