My Satellite Setup
I have:
sky
Al jazeera +1 +2
Canal sat
My Location
Geneva
Hello,

I have a question very stupide, but I am new to this forum and I don't know the history of the rights of the EPL.

I would like to know why in the UK sky or setanta dosen't brodcast a 3PM games of the EPL?

Because I know that setanta show a 3PM games on setanta Ireland, so why it is forbitten for the UK?

Is somebudy know???

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It's the FA that decided showing Saturday 3 PM kick Offs have a detrimental effect on fans visiting the matches so banned any showing of Saturday 3 PM games in this country.
They decided selling the rights abroad, to foreign countries, which includes Ireland, would not have any detrimental effect on attendances.
This ruling now seems somewhat out of date as since S*y bought the rights to the Premiership there isn't as many Saturday 3 PM matches played.
The big arguement is whether it is television coverage that is hitting attendances or the overpricing of tickets, especially for family attendance.
With so many pubs now showing Saturday 3 PM games, with foreign subscriptions readily available, and undercutting S*y's ridiculous prices, the FA have acted.
Personally I think it's more to protect their television money, from S*y, than to enforce the act and improve attendances.

rise202

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have:
sky
Al jazeera +1 +2
Canal sat
My Location
Geneva
Is anyone know if DIGITALB or SETANTA SPORTS still have the rights of brodcasting the PORTUGUESE SUPER LIGA (bwin superliga)???

Thanks in advance for you help

ciaran

Reaction score
Anybody know if Eurosport 2 HU/RO opens at the moment on any of the satellites using any of the available cams?

ciaran

Reaction score
ciaran said:
Anybody know if Eurosport 2 HU/RO opens at the moment on any of the satellites using any of the available cams?

actually ignore this...i see galaxie sport have the everton game...which i assume is still being opened by dragon and pred 368.

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
I have two setups in two loacations and none of which can get any EPL football ?

i tried both shortly after 3 pm on the first two weeks of the season.

anyone know what the problem is ?

thanks
d

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Eurosport 2 is also part of the Digi TV package so you can receive both of them, but Galaxie Sport has an English Commentary option.
The majority of Saturday 3PM kick Offs, that are open, are currently on 1 West, Digi TV and Canal Digital.
Can you receive 1 West, and what satellite equipment do you have, size of dish, make of Receiver, Cams, Cards..?

ciaran

Reaction score
I would be grateful if anyone could help with this....

I use a humax 8001 ci...and it has not been updated since i bought it (i dont even think there is any updated software available..)

Now the problem is getting intelsat 10-02...on 1 west.. for 3 o clock prima and galaxie

My receiver has intelsat 707 as a pre-installed setting and is listed as 1 west...

now it seems that 707 is a different sat from 10-02...and that 707 is no longer on 1 west and has indeed been replaced by 10-02...now my question is, what info does the receiver have encoded into it in order to pick up a specific satellite...and will the setting on my system that will be looking for 707 on 1 west still pick up 10-02 on 1 west if i use 10-02 tp's...

i know this may be a daft question..but i dont know the answer and therefore have to ask

regards
ciarán.

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
My two setups are fixed and both have been working fine last football season.

both setups are having the same problem, no football being showing on prem channels.

is there football being shown on other channels ?

are they still showing 3pm kick off's on digitalb ?

I have a 80cm dish and a 1m dish. both pointing 16E and they haven't been moved or adjusted. Both using technomate recivers and conax cam with digitalb cards inserted.

i thought it was a digitalb problem and not one of my setup, please help if you can. I would like to keep the same setup and dish position if possible, are the games available on digitalb ?

thanks
d

ciaran

Reaction score
DUVET said:

both setups are having the same problem, no football being showing on prem channels.

I have a 80cm dish and a 1m dish. both pointing 16E and they haven't been moved or adjusted. Both using technomate recivers and conax cam with digitalb cards inserted.

i thought it was a digitalb problem and not one of my setup, please help if you can. I would like to keep the same setup and dish position if possible, are the games available on digitalb ?

thanks
d

digitalb have shelved 3 pm games until december...apparently/

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DUVET said:

From whats been said on several forums DigitAlb have been got at by the FAPL, and no 3pms will be shown until the end of the year.

They have also disappeared off Premiere - at least until the Bundesliga winter break.

The ONLY sourceo f 3pm kickoffs easily available now are on 1W.

(Im discounting Nilesat 7W because of the silly sized dishes most folk need!)

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
ciaran said:
I would be grateful if anyone could help with this....

I use a humax 8001 ci...and it has not been updated since i bought it (i dont even think there is any updated software available..)

Now the problem is getting intelsat 10-02...on 1 west.. for 3 o clock prima and galaxie

My receiver has intelsat 707 as a pre-installed setting and is listed as 1 west...

now it seems that 707 is a different sat from 10-02...and that 707 is no longer on 1 west and has indeed been replaced by 10-02...now my question is, what info does the receiver have encoded into it in order to pick up a specific satellite...and will the setting on my system that will be looking for 707 on 1 west still pick up 10-02 on 1 west if i use 10-02 tp's...

i know this may be a daft question..but i dont know the answer and therefore have to ask

regards
ciarán.

It doesn't matter much that the receiver 'names' the satellite as Intel 707 when it is actually 10-02 or Thor or whatever. In fact you can change the name yourself. The two things you need are: (a) tell the receiver to go to 1w and (b) make sure the receiver has an up to date transponder list for 1w. You can use lyngsat.com to check the latter and also when trying to get 1w you can start by checking/using the BBC World transponder which is 11325 H 24500.

rise202

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have:
sky
Al jazeera +1 +2
Canal sat
My Location
Geneva
Analoguesat said:
From whats been said on several forums DigitAlb have been got at by the FAPL, and no 3pms will be shown until the end of the year.

They have also disappeared off Premiere - at least until the Bundesliga winter break.

The ONLY sourceo f 3pm kickoffs easily available now are on 1W.

(Im discounting Nilesat 7W because of the silly sized dishes most folk need!)

Hello, I don't understand why digitalb dosen't show anymore 3PM games???

Because there have the rights for all EPL games, like last season. The FA can't forbit digitalb or premiere to not show 3PM games!

I think that's very stupid that sky UK dosen't show 3PM for the reason of the crowd on stadium, because in every country (france, italie, spain, ect...) there is always the national brodcasters who show EVERY games in PPV! Even in INDIA there show 2 games of the EPL of 3PM!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rise202 said:
Hello, I don't understand why digitalb dosen't show anymore 3PM games???

Because there have the rights for all EPL games, like last season. The FA can't forbit digitalb or premiere to not show 3PM games!

I think that's very stupid that sky UK dosen't show 3PM for the reason of the crowd on stadium, because in every country (france, italie, spain, ect...) there is always the national brodcasters who show EVERY games in PPV! Even in INDIA there show 2 games of the EPL of 3PM!

They can quite easily - the DigitAlb rights are up for renewal in the next year or so - and look what happened to ART when they couldn't / wouldn't stop the flow of cards into the UK ;)

Like it or not about the 3pm kickoffs thats what the the PL / FA have decided they will do to protect the attendances at the lower league clubs

After all if you had a choice of staying at home in the warm and watching Man Utd v Chelsea with a few beers, or getting cold and soaking wet going to watch Grimsby v Macclesfield which one would you choose??

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
if people really want to watch football at 3pm or whatever then you need to pay a lot for a card to sky italia or canal digital to get the best option/choice unless you are in spain etc for showtime

as the cheap providers will get at due to them being inexpensive like art it was never going to last

i'm considering my options as i would pay for sky italia or whatever as thats what i like to watch football and the cost of going to the matches and include food/beers and travel would probably make it seem cheap as i would like to go to old trafford every week but a season ticket costs about the same as a year sub to sky italia

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
So no 3pm Kick off's being shown. but how about early and late kick off's ?

would like to watch the late EPL kick off when i get home from football.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Most games are still being shown, on Premiere and DigitAlb, only the Saturday 3 PM kick offs aren't.
But for the moment there is still a choice of Saturday 3PM games on 1 West and possibly DigitAlb will be showing Saturday 3 PM kick Offs from December, but we'll have to wait and see.

steford

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ZGemma H.S
My Location
W13
Whilst it's annoying for us I still don't believe that this is a big enough problem in England for the FA to be that bothered. If it is and they are then lets hope they come up with something along the lines that the European FAs have with the entire top division programme being televised at the same time but at a different time to the lower leagues so we can get a season ticket for watching our teams at home and go to our local clubs also. I'm sure revenues would increase (which could still be shared amongst other clubs and used at grass roots level) and lower league attendences wouldn't be affected.

1emac9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Full Sky roi, DB 500s + Fracarro Penta 85cm at 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E
My Location
Ireland
steford said:
Whilst it's annoying for us I still don't believe that this is a big enough problem in England for the FA to be that bothered......the entire top division programme being televised at the same time but at a different time to the lower leagues

The FA is trying to protect teams Premier teams such as Bolton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn as well as lower league clubs who have low attendance. To them the idea of live 3pms to a UK audience is practically suicide. Having top league matches at different time to the lower leagues is a very thought provoking concept steford, one which could possibly work if certain issues were ironed out.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
1emac9 said:
The FA is trying to protect teams Premier teams such as Bolton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn as well as lower league clubs who have low attendance.

Well if they think that is the problem it shows that they have never got off their backsides and been to these places to find out what the real answers are. As soon as they did they would realise that in two of the three you mention they still have not recovered from the debilitating loss of King Cotton in terms of both textile machinery production cotton processing, weaving, dyeing and cloth production that took place 50 years ago. The infrastructure has never been successfully regenerated thus people cannot afford to pay premiership ticket prices. There is of course high unemployment and and high ethnicity in Blackburn, Bolton and surrounding areas and therefore culturally football match attendence is not high on their priority lists or agendas. However hats off to Blackburn for leading the way on cut price tickets, they could almost guarantee a maximum attendance when ticket prices were reduced albeit the majority of supporters were schoolchildren