Not open for further replies.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Two or three teams will certainly have been writing for the 8000 for several months. If the box hits the shelves in the next quarter there will be nothing even remotely comparable in terms of features and likely support, even if it is put together with relatively cheap components.

Worth staying off the beer and catching the odd bus for ;)

I think its two main hurdles are manufacture/testing/QA-related and cost. If it clears the first hurdle, then folks will inevitably stump up the cash to get over the second.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
HB13DISH said:
With a twin tuner, does it mean that there will be more connectors for the outputs (video and audio)?
Maybe a read through the 7025S manual will answer this point.

Nope, not on the 7025 anyway. It has your usual scart, phono and RF output. These all output the same channel. The second tuner is used for recording if you have 2 the same like me. If you have 2 different tuners then I think they are selected depending on which channel you choose to watch.

I can stream one channel to my PC using the web interface while you watch a different channel on the TV.

I think a nice feature would be if you could have a different channel outputted from the scart and the RF outputs. It would allow you to watch different channels on seperate TV's.

You can also use the picture in picture mode to watch 2 channels at once on the same TV. You only get the audio from one at once, which is probably to stop you going insane :)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
well it does say the 8000 comes with 2 scart ports, one is probably for the dvd recorder though.....that's if it is a recorder, it may just be a player

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
The 7025 has 2 scarts just like the 7000 marked as TV and VCR

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
if none of you lot have checked thisd site out yet, they are advertising it for 450 euros......something dodgy i persume?

w**.dreambox.org.uk/dreambox-8000.html

P.s. they haven't even got the updated spec right, it's 256mb of ram not 128mb

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I would be a little suspicious of that firm, I don't think they're UK based.

Somewhere in China I believe, probably not kosher boxes.

Llew

Prodelin

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Tunisia, Prince Of Persia
Anyone know anything futher??

I got 800 euro burning in my pocket right now, getting desperate before i spend the money on something else.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Prodelin said:
Anyone know anything futher??

I got 800 euro burning in my pocket right now, getting desperate before i spend the money on something else.

Checked today, nothing.
I find it strange that the Dreambox website doesn't mention it in their products page so I am wondering if the spec/brochure posted above is genuine or not.
Anyway the launch date 18th of January is only 2 days from today.
By the way, I think that if you buy it in Europe, then you are probably entitled to pay without VAT if your country is outside the EU.
When the parcel arrives, then the customs would add whatever is the customs tarif is on a sat receiver, and adding the local VAT.
There is no point in paying twice for the VAT.

Edit:
Checked again the website in post #1 and they changed the date to 31st January 2008

Prodelin

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Tunisia, Prince Of Persia
I called DM and i got bad news.

The DM8000 will be released in 2 months from today.

The DM800 will be released in 3 weeks from today.

EDW

Reaction score
Prodelin said:
I called DM and i got bad news.

The DM8000 will be released in 2 months from today.

The DM800 will be released in 3 weeks from today.

what's the 800, a mini? One tuner.

No hdmi? Weird.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'd rather they got them right prior to release, so no problem with another few weeks.

A single tuner HD receiver would be fine for me, I very rarely have a need to watch one thing and record another on the motorised system, I use my Sky+ box for that. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
So the 800 is a baby version of the 8000??

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
the 800 is the smaller version of the 8000, rather than bringing one version out they are bringing a budgeted model out.

I persume it will be like the 500 is to to the 7025.

It will probably only have 1 of everything, instead of 3 or 4 of everything as the 8000 seems to have lol.

Not sure if the 800 will include a hard drive or dvd recorder but we shall see.

Seems that these websites have just advertised it for popularity, they just guessed when it was released, although somebody said DM have confirmed it to be 2 months now.

As in another thread it says no hdmi as yet, although it will include dvi 1080 which will handle HD video only signals. you can use dvi to hdmi converted if your tv only has hdmi. For audio you will need to use audio out from the receiver at the minute, or just use scart for both unless they get something else sorted and hopefully they will.

This is good for dream but bad for us, bad because it means more cable work but good for dream as they dont have to pay for a HDCP licence, but hopefully that will change :-) and they sort something.

I always thought it was delayed due to the tuner but turns out the present delay is more down to do with the HDCP/HDMI.

They are probs testing everything to make sure every single bit works before they release a box, could take some time with the amount of stuff on there.

I wonder if gemini have created an exclusive image for them to test on.

just thinking what gemini could include for use on HD or the dvd recorder gets me abit excited lol

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sharkadder said:
if none of you lot have checked thisd site out yet, they are advertising it for 450 euros

That's £450, not Euros, and it's rubbish anyway.

Two weeks, two months, whatever. We've waited over 18 months for the bloody thing, a bit longer won't hurt! :-rofl2

I hope HM-Sat stock them - and at the right price. At least I've dealt with them before.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
I hope HM-Sat stock them - and at the right price. At least I've dealt with them before.

Being a German supplier you will get 2 years warrenty from them, if you buy from a UK supplier it will only be 1 year.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Sheesh, bit pricey. I've always been interested in this since hearing about it, but def gonna wait and see what you can actually do with it...I expect alot for that money!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
BonceChops said:
Being a German supplier you will get 2 years warrenty from them, if you buy from a UK supplier it will only be 1 year.

Too right, and you can be sure the boxes will be more expensive once they're available in the UK 'n all.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
whatever yeah lol we all know the deadlines are never accurate, until i see a final deadline i don't believe any of it.

I bet people rang dream last year and they said 2months lol.

We really do need more info on these products, but unfortuently we won't get more info as manufactuers tend to keep the full spec quiet until a few weeks before release.

I'm not too bothered about the warrenty either, we know dreamboxes are reliable, unless you toast it by doing something you wern't suppost to do e.g. install a 7025 image on a 500 like i've seen some tools do lol.

If the 8000 is 800 euros, does that mean the 800 will be 80 euros? :D...I WISH

Price for this will probably be between 200-350 euros, and apparently theres a 7080 model out aswell but not HD, a picture is hsown here:

h**p://www.satoliver.com/Files/13733/DREAM7080Big.jpg

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
unless you toast it by doing something you wern't suppost to do e.g. install a 7025 image on a 500 like i've seen some tools do lol.

WTF!!! You are calling me a tool??? You seen someone do it but did not stop them??? What sort of Dreamerbeing are you O-no

Actually you can't have meant me because I put a 7000 image on a 5620. But these were early days...:p Plus, they don't toast, they just require a null modem cable....thanks god for that :)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
lol haha yeah, somebody on my msn toasted it though, sent off for another part cos of that, i think he thought wooow 7025 image on a 500-s that would be cool lol.

Been having some problems with the new CCcam today, doesn't seem to like my card at the minute.

anyways i hope the new image's for the 800 and 8000 will somehow pack more features for the launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.