Status
Not open for further replies.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
rato said:
On one page, the code is green. When you press the information button, it goes to another page and the code changes to orange(3 to 6 days).:confused

It is green when I press the information button and it says "Shipping immediately".
Spec in German attached.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Rato's right...

This one's orange:
_http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdd-receiver-hdtv-dreambox/dreambox-dm800-s-hd-pvr-ready.html

and this one's green:
_http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdd-receiver-hdtv-dreambox/

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
what should be the techncal difrents dm 800 to dreambox 8000 when it comes out?
maybe they never relase it:)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
One thing puzzles me. What about the HDCP situation? All HDMI connections are HDCP protected and from what I been reading most HD content, no matter which delivery system, will be protected with this crap. So I guess the receiver and the tv will have to be HDCP compliant or you get no image and forget about recording if "that" movie you been waiting ages to get on dvd is hdcp flagged as not allowed to be recorded. Taking this as true,well some of it must be :p, and knowing that all HD dreamboxes don't have it, will they work on all plasma and lcds now available?
A friend of mine says he can't connect his ps3, hdmi, to his monitor, dvi since he gets no image.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Prophessor said:
One thing puzzles me. What about the HDCP situation?
From what I understood on the Dream customer board in the German Stammtisch section, this is not a problem because it is up to the receiver to set a flag showing the material is content protected. The HD Dreamboxes won't bother with the flag even if the broadcaster wants digital rights management, so the received stream can be sent to any other devices and be displayed or recorded. Seems to be a big loophole if this is true. There again my German isn't that good these days so maybe I have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
HB13DISH said:
Just saw the 800 H on sale from the UK for 359 Pounds.
_http://www.sateuropa.co.uk
Has anybody checked other sites?

Order status changed from "On Order" to "2 Working Days"

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
easysat said:
From what I understood on the Dream customer board in the German Stammtisch section, this is not a problem because it is up to the receiver to set a flag showing the material is content protected. The HD Dreamboxes won't bother with the flag even if the broadcaster wants digital rights management, so the received stream can be sent to any other devices and be displayed or recorded. Seems to be a big loophole if this is true. There again my German isn't that good these days so maybe I have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks for that.
It makes perfect sense for the recording part, but doesn't answer the hdmi hdcp handshake problem. If your tv has hdcp, meaning hdmi, it will only accept hdcp compliant connections. But assuming they got rid of hdcp flagged content, they must have cracked or bypassed the rest of the system like some guys did with an hdmi-dvi adapter with "hdcp blaster technology". One buys that gadget and can connect a ps3 to a dvi monitor without any problems, you get no sound though. I guess this might be the case with dreambox HD boxes and I guess there might be some legal issues to it. ;)

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Prophessor said:
...but doesn't answer the hdmi hdcp handshake problem....

I think you have the mechanism back to front...
HDCP is employed at the source (PC, BD, PS3, etc) to ensure that the device it is sending to (TV, Monitor, etc) is secure - this is what the handshake is authorising. If the handshake fails not then the source either refuses to send data at all or sends a degraded image.

As the DM8000 is the source it can always send HD if it chooses to do so - I don't know of any TVs or monitors that would refuse to accept it - what benefit would that have for the studios?

dago

Reaction score
m8, the chaparal monterey40 was only #1000.00 you can buy mine
for a fiver.
regards.:)

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
djlemur said:
I think you have the mechanism back to front...

Well... In that case, let's forget about it, no problem there.

Now for something a bit more meaningful. From what I been reading around on several forums, the existing images for dm800 are still not that stable and have a few problems with stability, sluggishness and features. Even though one can do the more important stuff such as cs and all that, I was hopping for a bit more. The word around was that a few teams got hold of the source code and were working on it for some time. Maybe I was a bit too optimistic.

EDW

Reaction score
On the Kathi 910 board a poster has got a DM800

h**p://ufs910.hdtvinfo.eu/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,26/func,view/catid,40/id,4126/#4126[/url]

I won't be selling my Kathi to get the DM, although the DM sounds good, I don't think it's worth the extra and I don't fancy an external power supply, I've got enough garbage floating around the floor near the power socket. The kathi is well made with a good tuner and proper hdmi and the images are improving. You pays your money, I s'pose.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
On IHAD I just found a user that wasn't too happy with his dm800, it was a case of a faulty tuner. This makes me a bit affraid of getting on board, it's quite a lot of money for a tiny box.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
you can always get the box replaced if not happy i guess as it will be under a warrenty.

As for the images, gemini brought an image out for the 800 the other day, maybe this will make the box more stable, the gemini ones are usually very stable unless you overload the memory of the system.

So far i've heard there's been no major issues with all the 800's, look's like just going to have to wait for the support. If nothing majorly technical is reported with all 800 models in action then i can see the 8000 soon to be displatched.

All looks good

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
I gess i'll wait a bit longer, i'm still a bit put off by what i'm seeing.

Sandbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 60cm offset dish / single Invacom 0.3 LNBF / DM600 PVR
My Location
Bahrain (Middle East)
I just spoke to Dream Multimedia's Middle Eastern office in Dubai and they said the DM800 will be on sale from next week. It'll retail for 2,000 UAE Dirhams which equates to approx 270 pounds. :eek:

The DM800 is featured on the front of their website with tech specs.

_http://www.dmmtvme.com/

Chit Chat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
14 Feet C-Band Mesh Dish and TECHNOSAT CX - Digital Satellite Receiver.
My Location
Bangalore - INDIA
Sandbox said:
I just spoke to Dream Multimedia's Middle Eastern office in Dubai and they said the DM800 will be on sale from next week. It'll retail for 2,000 UAE Dirhams which equates to approx 270 pounds. :eek:

The DM800 is featured on the front of their website with tech specs.

_http://www.dmmtvme.com/

That price is astrocious, isn't it?

Sandbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 60cm offset dish / single Invacom 0.3 LNBF / DM600 PVR
My Location
Bahrain (Middle East)
Expensive? Yes - but cheaper than what our European friends will be paying!

Having said that, I very much doubt the DM800 is going to fly here considering we've only got two measly High Def channels in the middle east, and generally speaking (from what I've seen at least), people don't care much for quality. I've seen DM600s & 7020s hooked upto 42" HDTVs with the shittiest of composite cables (your regular yellow,white,red cables).

There is no demand for quality here nor attention to detail when it comes to DVB setups in this part of the world!

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
Sandbox said:
Expensive? Yes - but cheaper than what our European friends will be paying!

You are better off than we are but it's still very expensive.

Your retail price:
- 270.00 GBP = 339.502 EUR

Retail Price around Europe:
- 450 EUR

Sandbox said:
Having said that, I very much doubt the DM800 is going to fly here considering we've only got two measly High Def channels in the middle east, and generally speaking (from what I've seen at least), people don't care much for quality. I've seen DM600s & 7020s hooked upto 42" HDTVs with the shittiest of composite cables (your regular yellow,white,red cables).

There is no demand for quality here nor attention to detail when it comes to DVB setups in this part of the world!

It might be that the costumers people are misinformed, in most cases they are and don't know any better. It's up to the seller clarify these matters, as we all know a good quality cable can do miracles.

I guess you only have orbit over there, but aren't you able to pic up some european hd channels? I thought it would be possible to get something of Hotbird 7A, there are a few good ones over there.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Is the price lower perhaps because there is no VAT tax in your location?

Status
Not open for further replies.