Not open for further replies.

smrs2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NON
My Location
UK
Sandbox said:
I just spoke to Dream Multimedia's Middle Eastern office in Dubai and they said the DM800 will be on sale from next week. It'll retail for 2,000 UAE Dirhams which equates to approx 270 pounds. :eek:

The DM800 is featured on the front of their website with tech specs.

_http://www.dmmtvme.com/

The price is 2250 AED which is 309 GBP

The price is lower becuase there aren't any taxes.

HDS180561

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025,
90cm Fortec, twin Titanium LNB.
30GB HDD internal, 400GB network storage,
Gemini 2 image.
My Location
NE. Staffs.
My DMM 7025 has been an utter waste of hard earned money (To coin a 70's motor trade saying, it's a lemon).
It's overpriced rubbish.
It's crappy, cheap plasticky design, awful cheap feeling control buttons, looks like a chinese unbranded £40 box from a market stall.
The door operates, latches and hinges in the crudest manner as though it were designed by an 8 year old for a school materials project!
100 times less user memory than my phone!
Sticky, glitchy unreliable electronics and a PCB that looks as though all the components for a higher spec model haven't been fitted.
Power supply that couldn't run a digital watch without overheating.
(I had to remove my internal 30GB HDD due to unstable screen sync caused by HDD current load, also the power drain caused motor drive to lock up!)
Useless USB stick compatibility, No HD, Tuner problems causing some polarisations to be lost when both tuners are in use, (Hardware problem with no fix!)
Dreadful, pointless and unreadable display, (Then they have the audacity to try and charge for an OLED upgrade Kit, this is apalling customer service and unacceptable the kit sould be offered free).
Anyone who even considers falling for the 8000 hype seriously needs to have their head examined. Perhaps there are many out there who feel as cheated as I do, I'd love to hear from you all on this forum! Let us hope then; DMM will take customer service seriously and offer some real aftermarket support.
Don't buy the 8000 on spec, DMM have a lot to prove before I even contemplate paying silly money for an untried product.

However, despite the most vocal warnings, I don't doubt, some will inevitably only see the shiny... shiny... NEW... Mmmmmmmm! nice!

Don't be suckered in folks, watch and wait that's my advice I'd like to see DMM sweat this one out!

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
the thing is though, the models are that advanced no software support is available, this takes time and proves how far ahead of DMM actually are in the market.

I would say buy one, but don't expect brilliant results from the word go as it's going to be another year until it's performance is made best use of.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
For what it's worth, someone on the Dream customer forum is saying that the DM8000 should arrive in 2 weeks. I couldn't find any German satellite suppliers that confirm this date on their websites but I've got a funny feeling this time that the box could finally appear.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
HDS180561 , sorry to hear you're dissapointed. Its quite possible ofcourse you have a clone. I have 2 DM7025's and I've just bought a DM800 HD PVR. Personally I think Dreamboxes are the best thing you could possibly put under your TV. Mine are all networked, all card sharing, apart from the one with cable tuners in it ofcourse. They all stream to my PC and they all record. All flawlessley. As soon as the 8000 is released I'll be buying it.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
i agreee with B16MCC, anybody who says dreambox has lost it's touch now is barmy and don't have a clue. The best thing you can put under your TV in terms of performance is a dreambox, i still don't get why people keep recommending these skystar/eagles over a dreambox, once the 8000 is released it will blow everything off the market.

Another thing is, you hear everybody wanting it released but yet DMM seem to be adding more extra's in by the minute e.g. working on getting multiple cam's to run at once. It just show's how far they are willing to go development wise before they even think of releasing it.

My box also work's flawlessly, and since everything is all automated once set up it means you can just let it do the work on it's own, it's great. :-)

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Sharkadder said:
i agreee with B16MCC, anybody who says dreambox has lost it's touch now is barmy and don't have a clue. The best thing you can put under your TV in terms of performance is a dreambox, i still don't get why people keep recommending these skystar/eagles over a dreambox, once the 8000 is released it will blow everything off the market.

Another thing is, you hear everybody wanting it released but yet DMM seem to be adding more extra's in by the minute e.g. working on getting multiple cam's to run at once. It just show's how far they are willing to go development wise before they even think of releasing it.

My box also work's flawlessly, and since everything is all automated once set up it means you can just let it do the work on it's own, it's great. :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To Sharkadder , When Dreambox DM 8000 PVR HD will be released in markets in Dubai , please advice .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Seen the 8000 for sale online in the UK.

A snip at £869

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Apparently that's the price just for the basic box - no HDD or DVD drive included :eek:

Llew

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
2 x SATA
- prepared for internal HDD 3,5“
- prepared for internal SlimLine DVD

Are they planning on not selling any?

Martinmc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025Si
My Location
UK
I have just seen the 8000 in my local store, it looks and sounds like it has stacks built in to it, but at over £800 it's too much really. I have had the 7025 for a while and i have been very impressed with it, but this kind of jump is far too much.

The on in my local shop was just a demo, so not for sale yet!

Jomameco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2, Teka 1000
My Location
Portugal
DREAM multimedia starts delivery of the DM8000 in its dealers and distributors.

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/deutsch/news.php_:)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Jomameco said:
DREAM multimedia starts delivery of the DM8000 in its dealers and distributors.

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/deutsch/news.php_:)

They are probably trying to catch on this Christmas spending window.

master-magic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000S-T-C,triax 88, sky box,CD Card and TVV card and Sky uk and premiere,euro 1080,mct.
My Location
belgium
from 19 december i can buy it also on my local shop here,
so they are really gone to sell it now,
probably not yet more than 10 pieces a week i think.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
HM-Sat also have the DM8000 in their shop, but no delivery time is quoted. Mind you at 999€ without a hard disk, that's £890 in your Earth money at the new lightweight sterling exchange rate, I don't suppose the punters will be beating the shop door down when it finally arrives.

Personally I am now thinking about spending my DM8000 money on a folding bike instead with a bit left over to buy a QBox HD, if it gets good reports. This will (a) stop me turning into a total couch potato and (b) possibly save some money going to work.

kkrahv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM_800/ DM7020S/Prime Focus 280/Toroidal 90/Triax90/Triax78/E-36/28.2/19.2/16/13/7/5+W-1/4/30
My Location
EST
_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/deutsch/products_dm8000.php

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
easysat said:
HM-Sat also have the DM8000 in their shop, but no delivery time is quoted. Mind you at 999€ without a hard disk, that's £890 in your Earth money at the new lightweight sterling exchange rate, I don't suppose the punters will be beating the shop door down when it finally arrives.

Personally I am now thinking about spending my DM8000 money on a folding bike instead with a bit left over to buy a QBox HD, if it gets good reports. This will (a) stop me turning into a total couch potato and (b) possibly save some money going to work.

LOL, I am so with you on this one!

Stupid money for what it is. The exchange rate is also an important factor as you've mentioned.

KMM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITES AND BOXES
My Location
UK
I ALWAYS like to buy my dreamboxes from surrey uk i have brought my dm8000 for £869.00 they have them in all the time stock with two sat tuners and i brought 1 c tuner and 1 t tuner at £39.00 each and i have installed it works magic :)

A

Anonymous-A

KMM said:
bizarre txt spk ad

Leaving aside the blatant ad by the previous poster I think it'll be a long time before I shell out £869+ for a twin tuner without a hard disk or a DVD drive in it.

I reckon the DM800 is what I will go for when I get the sponds together. I fear the DM8000 is likely to be DMM's very own Ford Edsel or even *shudder* Guinness Light....*

*Google Guinness Light and you'll see what I mean...

digsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vantage Humax Echostar
My Location
UK
Seems very expensive for what it is and only a 10/100 network connection. Surely this and other HD receivers/recorders should have a Gigabit network interface for the sort of money they cost.

I emailed Dreambox before Christmas with a couple of questions about the 8000HD but have not had a reply. Maybe others can help with the questions...

I have heard that if one installs optional extra cards that one then cannot install a DVD drive due to the card size - is this true?

Are the DVB/T cards for the 8000HD the same as for other Dreambox models or are they differenet?

I have read of several failures of the on-board DVB-S2 receivers and an overheating problem - is any of this true?

Finding English info on these sorts of questions is difficult - I don't speak German and even using babelfish to translate the pages is not always terribly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.