dreambox and sky cards?

chuckles

Reaction score
As a point of interest the cardserver (0919) works with S*y Italia cards. that the file in da vinci image.
Forgot to mention to change attributes in carserver file to 755 as well, but I guess all you smarties already realised that!

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
just changed my boxid in cardserver.cfg to see what happens - all my channels are still viewable (I dont sub to SkySports or SkyMovies but get everything else - Family Pack?).

Might try to get a cheap 'active' card from ebay for ITV, CH4 etc.... :)

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
think you might want to try another section rather than the Dreambox one

You need to connect a DVB-S PC card to a server running on the Dreambox!

Has anyone tried cardsharing between 2 dreamboxes yet???

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
to be honest, thats the only reason i want to beable to do this.... so i can record Sky programs onto my DB hard drive

with the dreambox, i record loads of programs during the day, and watch them when ive more time at night..... and when the misses has finished watching all the crap soaps!!!

Will be good when sorted. Hopefully!

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
I use an "offline" decoder to decrypt Top Up TV recordings over a cardserver,

It should now be possible to recover encrypted transport streams from the harddrive in a $ky+ box and then decrypt them with a real card so they can be burnt to DVD.

At the moment people are having to re-encode the recordings with analogue capture cards / DVD recorders, which is only one step up from pointing a camcorder at your tele!

chuckles

Reaction score
'Nick [D said:
I use an "offline" decoder to decrypt Top Up TV recordings over a cardserver,

It should now be possible to recover encrypted transport streams from the harddrive in a $ky+ box and then decrypt them with a real card so they can be burnt to DVD.

At the moment people are having to re-encode the recordings with analogue capture cards / DVD recorders, which is only one step up from pointing a camcorder at your tele!

We can now record direct to our hard drives with this set-up, got to be a plus.

Re card-sharing, that definately illegal, and I personally wont risk it for this particular privdor.

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
I know you can record on the DreamBox but a Sky+ harddrive decryption tool would still be usefull to all those poor soles without one.

I'm not talking about setting up an open share, just getting Sky on your own DVB-S card.

The NDScam.dll softcam hasn't been updated yet so the only way to get Sky with a PC would be to share the card with Gboxfriend or WinNCD on the PC.

Just wondering if it works yet???

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ahhh, the sound of harmony in the STICK household as the NewcamD problem is also solved.

To cut a long story short, although my pre-existing NewcamD V5.28 installation was working perfectly OK, whatever changes I made to get the ND$ patch to work, didn't have the desired effect.

I then deleted 5.28 and all the NewcamD keys using the CAM menu on Gemini, cleaned up any remnants via FTP (i.e. deleted them) and then re-installed NewcamD 5.28 via the Gemini download option.

Copied over the correct cardserver0961.dream file (available all over the place) and renamed it to 'cardserver' (for Gemini image), chmod to 755, modded the cardserv.cfg file with BOXID = 9999999999 (serial no from digibox originally matched to my FTV card), rebooted and Robert was indeed my father's brother.

I suppose that's a longwinded way of saying that the existing instructions are fine, but for some of you guys who are still struggling, a good CAM enema first may work for you too.

Based on my findings, I'm not going to waste my time re-writing the existing instructions unless you guys really want it. If it doesn't work straight away for you, delete NewcamD + keys and try again. If it still don't work, then I'll happily sort you out (if you're a regular here). First-time posters need not apply for PM support!

STICK

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Stick said:
then I'll happily sort you out

wahey!!! now theres an offer you dont get every day

oooer misses :)

chuckles

Reaction score
As a further point of interest, you can record a channel and watch another on the same t'ponder. Not a feature available with ye'r standard s*y digibollo*ks.
cant say I miss the official EPG either. MV plugin is pretty good and I can now set up some detailed favourites menus as well as having a "recall" and other goodies on my remopte control.

Lets hope this state of affairs is not kayboshed by Rupy! :D

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
Do you think they would need to do another card change or just ECM the current ones?

A full card change had got to cost them a packet - is it really worth it just to stop people using valid cards on there own kit?

Lets hope not...

chuckles

Reaction score
'Nick [D said:
Do you think they would need to do another card change or just ECM the current ones?

A full card change had got to cost them a packet - is it really worth it just to stop people using valid cards on there own kit?

Lets hope not...

I sincerely hope not. I cant see that there is anything they lose out on. In fact I have to confess to upgrading my package to the full one on the strength of being able to make direct recordings to my DB now.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
BGonaSTICK said:
Copied over the correct cardserver0961.dream file...
Stick, you are so right - this is the important bit :-)
Could only find it in the "fun" place mentioned earlier (in a 525 file...?) though.
Works here like a ...dream... (doh).
I have found that I need to power up with the card IN THE SLOT to get it working...and if you take the card out, it is broke until you restart.
Anyone else seen this?

Thanks to all that have posted on this :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
chuckles said:
Not going there, sorry.

I agree. It's obvious it can be done, so why sh!t on your own doorstep.

I can't see $ky doing a card swap based on a few hundred Dreambox owners buying more legit $ky cards.

Only if the cards are prized open, and I don't think that's very much closer than it was this time last year.

There's no way that Joe Public will be lashing together massive CS networks, and we're not about to start promoting that kind of stuff. It's just great R&D.

STICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
djlemur said:
Stick, you are so right - this is the important bit :-)
Could only find it in the "fun" place mentioned earlier (in a 525 file...?) though.
Works here like a ...dream... (doh).
I have found that I need to power up with the card IN THE SLOT to get it working...and if you take the card out, it is broke until you restart.
Anyone else seen this?

Thanks to all that have posted on this :)

I think I can pull mine out and stick it in again (Gemini 105) no problem... :-ohmy:-ohmy:-ohmy:-ohmy:-ohmy

Certainly can with GBOX on Zeus, which is also worth setting up for the crack. Found that more rewarding than NewcamD personally. Bring on the extra gadgets. Also, the CAM menu editing is very neat on the Hydra. Well written interface.

Will test all this tomorrow or Friday.

I have my FTV running in the second (bottom) slot in Gemini 105. I'm going to try it in the top slot, and more interestingly in the card reader on my serial port ('slot 2'). Will feedback here at some point.

I'm also going to buy an extra FTV so I don't have to keep swapping between boxes. My family are still hooked on the $ky guide.

Talking of guides, I found www.onthebox.com pretty quick and easy to use.

STICK

skysky

Reaction score
just had a thought.... from what i understand, this only allows you to use your exisiting card and exisiting subscripted channels, on your own reciver ie a dream box correct with nothing extra.

Now say for example if you called s*y and upgraded to full package and after 30 days re downgraded to minimum subs, would the sky card downgrade if it was in a dreambox and not in your original s*y box. would you continue getting the full package ?