dreambox and sky cards?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I have no idea, but I wouldn't think that would work.

I wondered if there will be any problems with OTA updates if the card is left in the Dreambox and not a digibox?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
do you still need the phoenix interface to do this, or can you get it working by putting the sky card straight in the dreambox?

as you might have guessed, i dont have a phoenix :)

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Assuming you have a valid Sky card, do you just insert it into the dreambox and it works. Do you have to marry the dreambox reciever to the sky card or is not required. Does that apply to sky uk and sky italia. Thx

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
RedDevil_UK said:
do you still need the phoenix interface to do this, or can you get it working by putting the sky card straight in the dreambox?

as you might have guessed, i dont have a phoenix :)

got it going last nigth, with both my s*y cards in top and bottom slots, can confirm no pheonix needed. But as stick reported it does seem to require a "clean" installation.

btw , i have one small prob ... im using gbox as my defalut cam (hydra phoenix). when i zap to a s*y channel, newcamd will become sticky but wont
open the first channel ... i need to zap to the next one to get it working !?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
skysky said:
can u confirm u only get what you sub too.

Yes, it is not a hack.

skysky

Reaction score
i know, but i am still interested in the idea if say u r using the phoenix, will the dreambox pass on downgrade commands to the card. I remember in the past with analogue u could downgrade and leave the card out of the equip for a week. and put it back in and u still got your previous subscription... but you had to keep taking it out after use or it woud get a hit to reduce its channel entitlement... i managed to get extra channels free for months using this method.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Whoa, too many sub-plots!

Firstly, NewcamD does not need a programmer to plug into the serial slot, so there's no excuse for not trying ;)

No you can't just stick it in the Dreambox, you have to install one of the two patches.

Yes you do have to marry your card to the box, but this is done automatically with NewcamD (and manually with GBOX).

There are two versions of the NewcamD fix. One for UK (cardserver0961.dream) and one for Italy (cardserver0919.dream). They both work (allegedly).

@wally, I don't have any problems with mine. Does it do it with just one card in? Have you tried it with a phoenix programmer? Do you have both GBOX and NewcamD patched with the ND$ fix on the same image? I'd try slimming it down a bit and see what happens. I have GBOX on Hydra and NewcamD on Gemini, and only have SCAM 2.5d installed alongside both.

$ky$ky, I think you're going to have to break some new ground here and try it. Nobody here appears to have experimented, and can only say that an upgrade followed by a downgrade is unlikely to work to your advantage. The fact that the card is in a separate device should be transparent, and we are talking about original cards here. Until $ky work out a way of detecting that the hardware is different, then everything should be completely transparent... (LOL, famous last words...)

STICK

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
I think I can pull mine out and stick it in again (Gemini 105) no problem... :-ohmy:-ohmy:-ohmy:-ohmy:-ohmy

Be careful what you say stick.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skysky

Reaction score
I am going to give it a try, just need to get a *** card, as i have cable, but have motor dish , dream box , software and programmer. Was trying to decide on best way to get a card.

Can i ask one thing tho, with either of these cams, if you cs... how many recivers can you cs with at the same time.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
In theory, lots, but I haven't tried it and never would. $ky are too big and powerful to £v(k around with now. If you want to try it, I would keep it to yourself and just experiment. Most people on here won't want to talk about it.

If you get caught, you will go to prison. They must be furious at the moment.

I tried the patches for my own amusement, but that's as far as I want to go.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
skysky said:
Can i ask one thing tho, with either of these cams, if you cs... how many recivers can you cs with at the same time.

Depends on whether all users wanna watch the same card at the same time. And then it comes down to the actual hardware on the card, ie processor speed, memory access times, architecture, etc. If your cs group has a good spread of cards, then the chances of everyone watching the same card at the same time are prob not so high. of course unless man u are playing, then of course everyone is watching that channel ;) So it comes down in effect to how many access the card can handle at the same time. in fact, this is the one way which certain providers are looking into for killing cardshare at the moment. ie, if the card sees more than x number of access in a certain time then the card will know its being used for cs, and can respond to this in an appropriate way , eg, by executing a HALT FOREVER command for example, which could kill your card forever. I recently came across an interesing academic paper on this issue which I can upload if any member is interested. (its about coutermeasures, not a how-to for hacking!)

You will still probably get some form of picture with lots of users on same card at same time, but it could freeze intermittently. Ive seen servers with up to 75 members where some packages will never freeze, while others will a lot. It also depends to a certain extent on your internet link of course, though with broadband these days, its really not so much a problem.

@ stick .. yeah, i have tried with only one card, both slots, etc, etc .. same prob ... can you give me a good link as to where to get a hands on a phoenix that will work at 3.57 Mhz?

I agree with stick that sharing s*y within the UK is going to land you in big trouble if you get caugth.

skysky

Reaction score
tailor made circuits have a clanxer phoenix smart mouse, that has a serial port, and is jumper selectable with the desired settings.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
BGonaSTICK said:
I have GBOX on Hydra and NewcamD on Gemini, and only have SCAM 2.5d installed alongside both.
FWIW, I have just Hydra Poseiden in Flash coupled with Newcamd 5.28 + the cardserver0961.dream file. BOXID is typed in as it appears on the sky services menu.

Must get around to trying out this "Gemini" build, just can't get to grips with all that german ;)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
not being funny, but i decided to get all the files and get my sly card working in my Dreambox.... after going to about 15 websites where i get my usual files, not 1 anywere??
in desperation, i searched with google, and all i got was threads on this forum :)

does anyone know where i can get the files i need please... cheers
PM me if you like

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
wallycharlo said:
@ stick .. yeah, i have tried with only one card, both slots, etc, etc .. same prob ... can you give me a good link as to where to get a hands on a phoenix that will work at 3.57 Mhz?

I bought the smartmouse micro from _www.satstore.co.uk for £19 plus VAT, and can confirm that it works great in Phoenix mode at 3.58Mhz.

Satstore also sell a quality serial cable for it at £1.99 plus VAT, but I should tell you that I had to shave some of the plastic sheath off at the receiver end to get it to fit alongside my USB stick.

£2 postage + VAT. Quick service.

phillsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 CHANNEL MASTER
DREAMBOX 7000
H2H HEAVY DUTY MOUNT
LOADS OF OTHER BITS
I have all files needed i can send to you if you give me your email.

Regards Phill

RedDevil_UK said:
not being funny, but i decided to get all the files and get my sly card working in my Dreambox.... after going to about 15 websites where i get my usual files, not 1 anywere??
in desperation, i searched with google, and all i got was threads on this forum :)

does anyone know where i can get the files i need please... cheers
PM me if you like

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
_http://www.funfiles.ws/forum/upload.php?showfilesfordate=all

PS. Removed your E-mail address, a whois on that site finds your name address and phone number.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
rolfw said:
Removed your E-mail address.

cheers mate, to be honest, i was hoping that he would send me the email straight away, then i was going to delete the post....but he buggered off lol