English Football on other satellites?

elgin eagle

Reaction score
waverider said:
No I think you will find that you need a 90cm dish m8....sorry to disappoint you....and I have never tried a digibox to receive other birds either!

Well never mind, hopefully RTL5 will come up trumps. At the moment the twin LNB is playing up, I can get the hotbird channels for a few minutes, then after going up and down the channels for a bit the screen freezes. Plus when I adjust the other lnb up and down to try to pick up the astra ones, I lose the ability to receive the hotbird ones, and cant pick the astra ones up whatever. Should I have the astra LNB as the primary LNB, with the hotbird one as the shadow do you reckon? I haven't tried that yet as the missus is moaning that she can't see RTR, so I've put the old LNB back for now. Or do you reckon its just knacked
:D

elgin eagle

Reaction score
waverider said:
No I think you will find that you need a 90cm dish m8....sorry to disappoint you....and I have never tried a digibox to receive other birds either!
I've got a question for you, I've found an old 80cm dish on some abandoned flats near our house. If I use the single LNB on it, now I ve got the twin on the other dish, what satellite do you recommend I point this one towards, to get the most free footy? Which is your favourite fta channel in other words?

cheers,
Paul

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
26'E Arabsat has a good signal m8, but you never know it's worth a try at 5'E as there is a fav of mine 'TV Sport RO'....this morning they were showing the Chelsea v Charlton game again!

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Yeah it seems TV RO show quite a lot of games, I've got the old dish back to mine now, its not 80cm as I first hoped, but oval with dims of @60cm across by 80cm high. Do you think it will be able to pick up Sirius, or am I better aiming it towards 30W or 1W? The way my house is, it faces almost due east/west respectively, and the installer said it might be hard to pick up 5E.

At the moment the garden is beginning to resemble Jodrell Bank ;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well there is no harm in trying 5'E m8...you might jumpin up an down with glee :D

stuzeeuk

Dont eat yellow snow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88, mulitblock
13E, 19E, 28E
DM 800HD
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Guys,

Anyone know who has the internet radio transmission rights for the premiership matches. I live overseas and would like some English commentary to go with my footie pictures !!

Stuart

elgin eagle

Reaction score
waverider said:
Well there is no harm in trying 5'E m8...you might jumpin up an down with glee :D

Yeah it's got to be worth a try, I think this dish should work, it looks like the old Sky dish which came before the minidish but after the circular analogue one, but do you think it may be limited in range, being oval in shape and only 60cms across?

I read yesterday you can change the LNB on this type of dish to a universal one if the width of the dish is less than the height, which it is, but I dont know which satellite has the strongest signal from the UK after Hotbird and Astra. With the cam on maybe I could get footy off hispasat, do you think?

Also I tried putting the twin lnb on the other dish yesterday, but I couldn't get astra at all, and only intermittent hotbird, which kept crashing after scanning through the channels for a couple of minutes. Should I try having Astra as the central LNB, with the other LNB for hotbird in the shadow position? In the end I put the single LNB back on O-no

Good win for Chelsea last night btw, shame about United :D O-Ha

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It's actually BBC Radio 5 Live on Medium Wave 693 or 909. I use the service myself.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
After watching the Chelsea game last night, decided to catch up by viewing the highlights of what else was going on......The Middlesbrough game was some result! I still have the images in my mind today, of Southgate punching the air with delight and the camera panning across the Man U supporters highlighting the look of shock and horror on their faces! :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
jimbo said:
It's actually BBC Radio 5 Live on Medium Wave 693 or 909. I use the service myself.
I've tried streaming audio over the Internet, but as the BBC don't seem to have the rights to broadcast Premiership match audio over the 'net, they cut the coverage just before kickoff.

Live BBC radio is O.K. and I've used the digital terrestrial radio feed from my freeview box to supplement the video off my PC satellite setup, but it was 4 minutes (yes MINUTES!!!) out of sync!

Before I'd realised just how out of sync it was, I heard the 1st goal scored on the radio, and had to wait 4 minutes to see how good it was!!!

As far as the Premiership goes, each of the clubs seem to have seperate deals for radio and internet coverage.

Any hints or tips would be greatfully recieved!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Personally I dont bother with radio m8 I'm just glad I get a good coverage on the premiership....after all it's the footy you need to watch!...although I must say after a while although you can't understand em, you get used to it!.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
..and you do get the crowd noise.

russquk

Reaction score
we dont get the crowd noise at aggborough (harriers) either!! lol

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Although the crowd calling the referee a w*nker thats in english :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
waverider said:
Although the crowd calling the referee a w*nker thats in english :D
... and I thought that :-

"Bună seara! Bun găsit la ştiri!...Prietenul la nevoie se cunoaşte! Vechea zicală este confirmată de Dumitru Dragomir care a luat REFEREE's A W*NKER astăzi apărarea tovarăşilor săi din Ghencea în conflictul acestora cu Federaţia Română de Fotbal. Preşedintele ligii profesioniste consideră normală atitudinea oficialilor şi a jucătorilor Stelei care au refuzat convocările făcute de Anghel Iordănescu pentru turneul din Cipru"

... was just a funny coincidence!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
BGonaSTICK said:
... and I thought that :-

"Bună seara! Bun găsit la ştiri!...Prietenul la nevoie se cunoaşte! Vechea zicală este confirmată de Dumitru Dragomir care a luat REFEREE's A W*NKER astăzi apărarea tovarăşilor săi din Ghencea în conflictul acestora cu Federaţia Română de Fotbal. Preşedintele ligii profesioniste consideră normală atitudinea oficialilor şi a jucătorilor Stelei care au refuzat convocările făcute de Anghel Iordănescu pentru turneul din Cipru"

... was just a funny coincidence!

Então que sítio web que você usou para traduzir Engish a romeno então companheiro? São arn muito à mão de ferramentas' t eles? O sítio web que eu acabo de usar é muito bom demais e à mão olhar para cima conversa de footy que eu vesti entende!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
waverider said:
Então que sítio web que você usou para traduzir Engish a romeno então companheiro? São arn muito à mão de ferramentas' t eles? O sítio web que eu acabo de usar é muito bom demais e à mão olhar para cima conversa de footy que eu vesti entende!
Either your Romanian sucks, or you use a different web translation service to me!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
That's cos it's in Portugese! :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I have a head ache now....Thanks a lot guys.