Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
sonnetpete said:
it's spooky how you previously highlighted the 'Candy Crash' of 1980 and then two drivers did their best to emulate it in todays race!!

Yes I thought that, I kept watching the replay and still cannot really see how that was achieved from the manouvre made by Trulli whilst he was sliding side ways I would not have expected such a bizarre accident. I liked the instinctive hand on head protection by Chandhokwhich would have lost him his hand if Trulli's car had landed on his head

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

Short and full table attached as png file

Mark Webber has installed himself as the new leader and favourite for the World Drivers' Championship with a second straight win in Europe, this time in the glitz and glamour of Monaco. Red Bull dominated yet again this weekend as Sebastian Vettel finished in second, ahead of Renault's Robert Kubica to extend Red Bull's lead in the team competition to 20pts.

The top three are as they were, although kreacher has closed the gap on sonnetpete's Equipe Etranger with Creatures now 6pts away, having top scored in Monaco with 93pts.

Equipe, though, have made further headway elsewhere as they now lead the chase for the European Cup, taking over from Norm's F1 Aberdeen. Champions Aberdeen remain 9th overall, scoring a respectable 89pts on Sunday.

Topper's Tossers failed to make ground on 3rd place Dreambox F1, managed by B16MCC, and will now feel the heat of pressure from behind in the shape of Team Oily, who continue their rise up the standings and now sits in 5th after a terrific race of 92pts.

Lower down the SupaLiga pecking order, forum head honcho chris had a fantastic day on the streets of Monte Carlo as Peak Racing scored 91pts to go up to 21st.

Norm's F1 SupaAberdeen in the Professional League: Current status - 108th ~ 415pts
Salty25's Supa-Dynamo in the PFF1 Cup: Current status - 116th ~ 397pts ~ DROPOUT ZONE
Dazdazdazzy's SupaBTTR in the PFF1 Cup: Current status - 69th ~ 436pts ~ DROPOUT ZONE

NEXT RACE > TURKISH GP @ ISTANBUL > MAY 30

Attachments

• F1SL Monaco Short.png
    F1SL Monaco Short.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 100
  • F1SL Monaco Full.png
    F1SL Monaco Full.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 14
  • F1SL Monaco Graph.png
    F1SL Monaco Graph.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 14

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Lets hope my season continues this way ;)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Oh absolutely :-argh:-argh

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Had a team re-vamp with help from the father-in-law looks like it paid off in the last race :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
chris said:
Had a team re-vamp with help from the father-in-law looks like it paid off in the last race :)

I tried that .............. but couldn't afford the changes I wanted. The algorithm is cunningly designed to cramp even the most modest aspirations!

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
chris said:

Is your wife's maiden name Brawn by any chance?......

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
TURKISH GRAND PRIX

DEADLINE - SATURDAY 09:00 BST (9am) / 10:00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup, including qualifying predictions which must be submitted prior to every race, by accessing the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga | Full Game Rules for Pure Fantasy F1 | List of TV Broadcasters | LIVE and delayed coverage from BBC
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Turkish Grand Prix timetable:
Times in BST, Istanbul = BST +2
Thursday Practice 1 - Result
Thursday Practice 2 - Result
Saturday Practice - 09:00-10:00
Saturday Qualifying - 12:00
Sunday Race - 13:00

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I have to say that was a very entertaining race, but not for my championship hopes......
The clean passing made by the McLaren drivers was a joy to watch although they did clip wheels, it looked to me as if Vettel was flicked into Webber as they got too close and the back wheels touched, all the same rule number one is never take out your team mate. The truth will come out when the telemetry is analysed to see who did what

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Aye .......... the TV pictures lay the blame squarely at Mr.Pouty, but that's only a part of the story.

What is indisputable is that Mr.Horner was not a happy bunny. He rightly had a major cob on when interviewed.

Most impressed that the different style/temperaments of LH and JB pan out to as near as you could get to even-stevens, albeit Jenson needs to find a tiny bit more in Qualifying.

Great entertainment today. Been a pretty good season, bar Race #1.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes I was glad to see Jenson give the pundits one in the eye about the race where he was stuck behind Shuey for most of it, this time he nailed him on the outside and I think Shuey knew there was no point trying to fend off a much faster car and sensibly conceded

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
It was indeed an entertaining race. I'm not surprised that Christian Horner was in a strop, team mates should only really take each other out when they despise each other (e.g. Prost and Senna at McClaren). There will be tears at bedtime tonight and no cocoa for those two!! I like the circuit by the way, at the very least it goes round anticlockwise for a change. In fact you could say that Turkey was 'delight'ful.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Were we watching the same race?? It was exceedingly dull at least until the two Red Bulls decided to tango anyway. Could have done with that rainstorm to liven things up.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Analoguesat said:
Were we watching the same race?? It was exceedingly dull at least until the two Red Bulls decided to tango anyway. Could have done with that rainstorm to liven things up.

Hmm. This is where the relative positions in the League begin to have meaning ............... :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:

Perhaps you spent too much time watching the sky above the track, I thought there was excitement all the way through beginning with lap one

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Tivù said:
Hmm. This is where the relative positions in the League begin to have meaning ............... :-rofl2

Oh come on, looking at the table AS has one of the strongest teams in the league.....................

kreacher

Waiting for HD
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky - Humax STB
My Location
India
Vettel :-ohcrap
All that talk about Red Bulls racing in a league of their own was way off the mark initially and then both of them did decide to race each other.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

Red Bull scored a dramatic own goal in Turkey when Sebastian Vettel collided with then race leader Mark Webber to spoil an almost certain 1-2 finish, and hand that prize instead to McLaren and Lewis Hamilton a first race win of the season. Webber eventually finished in 3rd, just ahead of German legend Michael Schumacher.

There's no change in the top four for the second successive race weekend, but sonnetpete's lead has been cut to a slim 3pts as kreacher's Creatures took 84pts in Istanbul to close the gap on Equipe Etranger as well as become the new leader in the chase for the European Cup as the F1 circus leaves its historical home, temporary, for Canada.

My team, Auto-Dynamo, were top scorers with 93 yesterday as my heavy backing of Mercedes paid off, although I only go up two places to 8th in the standings. Pro-Drive, managed by misterminibus, achieved an impressive 86pts to go up to 11th.

Oily's advance up the leader was stalled as Tivu and the Ant Hill Mob trumped Team Oily to go into 5th with a 4pt advantage.

And finally, while Norm's primary team, F1 Aberdeen, remain static in 9th place, the reserve squad of F2 have jettisoned up 4 places to 16th with another highly respectable points haul of 86pts in Turkey.

Norm's F1 SupaAberdeen in the Professional League: Current status - 101st ~ 486pts
Salty25's Supa-Dynamo in the PFF1 Cup: Current status - 89th ~ 490pts ~ DROPOUT ZONE
Dazdazdazzy's SupaBTTR in the PFF1 Cup: Current status - 46th ~ 519pts ~ WILDCARD ZONE

NEXT RACE > CANADIAN GP @ MONTREAL > JUNE 13

Attachments

• F1SL Turkey Short Table.png
    F1SL Turkey Short Table.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 62
  • F1SL Turkey Full Table.png
    F1SL Turkey Full Table.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 18
  • F1SL Turkey Graph.png
    F1SL Turkey Graph.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 17

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
CANADIAN GRAND PRIX

DEADLINE - SATURDAY 15:00 BST (3pm) / 16:00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup, including qualifying predictions which must be submitted prior to every race, by accessing the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga | Full Game Rules for Pure Fantasy F1 | List of TV Broadcasters | LIVE and delayed coverage from BBC
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Canadian Grand Prix timetable:
Times in BST, Montreal = BST -5
Friday Practice 1 - 15:00-16:30
Friday Practice 2 - 19:00-20:30
Saturday Practice - 15:00-16:00
Saturday Qualifying - 18:00
Sunday Race - 17:00

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

The story of the 2010 season appears to be teams dominating particular races as McLaren took another 1-2 finish, as Lewis Hamilton won at his favourite circuit in Montreal while team mate Jenson Button passed Ferrari's Fernando Alonso in the closing stages to take 2nd. The McLaren pair overtake Red Bull's Mark Webber in the standings with Hamlton leading with 109pts.

The events in Montreal resulted in many changes in SupaLiga, as the leadership changed hands in SatUK's league. kreacher is now in 1st, having lost top spot to sonnetpete in China. Creatures lead Equipe Etranger by just three points.

Topper was the star performer in Canada as the Tossers have shot up to 3rd on the back of the season's best points haul so far - 115 magnificant points, many of those courtesy of Force India, as Sutil and Liuzzi finished 9th and 10th. Tossers are also the new leaders in the chase for the Asia & Americas Cup and will go unchallenged on this front until the night race in Singapore.

Taking the drop out of the top 3 is B16MCC as Dreambox F1 were gazumped despite a respectable 84pts on Sunday. With a 'disrespectable' 48pts, my Auto-Dynamo team fell from 8th to 12th.

woborny, manager of Piston Broke, will be delighted with 93pts as he turbo-boosted up the standings to 17th. Norm's reserve outfit, F2 Aberdeen, continue to surprise as 91pts sees the outsiders rise up to 14th

Norm's F1 SupaAberdeen in the Professional League: Current status - 85th ~ 568pts
Salty25's Supa-Dynamo in the PFF1 Cup: Current status - 129th ~ 538pts ~ DROPOUT ZONE
Dazdazdazzy's SupaBTTR in the PFF1 Cup: Current status - 48th ~ 602pts ~ WILDCARD ZONE

NEXT RACE > EUROPEAN GP @ VALENCIA > JUNE 27

Attachments

• F1SL Canada Short Table.png
    F1SL Canada Short Table.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 42
  • F1SL Canada Full Table.png
    F1SL Canada Full Table.png
    111 KB · Views: 18
  • F1SL Canada Graph.png
    F1SL Canada Graph.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 16
Status