Moteck SG2100A motor and 1.2m dish

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 dish and hoping to get a motor installled on it
My Location
Ireland
I tried both ways bob but no luck and the F connectors are in correctly but nothing
I thought it could be the f connectors I used at first so i decided to use the orignal cable that was working the ithe motor before but no luck

The funny thing is i turned the dish manually yesterday to 0 and it worked but nothing today

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
just to update this, iv found out the motor is grand and its looking like the receiver isnt working right
so ill have to send that back to the shop where I bought it

btw lads im also considering getting a different dish because I hate the sliding motion on the Triax so can anyone recommend a 1.2m dish please

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Gibertini do a 1.25m I believe, and its aluminium so not too heavy. They also do a polar mount to go with it.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I'm inclined to recommend a Laminas like mine, but I think obtaining one either from the UK or Ireland might prove difficult. Gibertini would be a good second choice, but to be honest, you will be pushing your motor to it's limits with anything over 1M, if it's not lightweight.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
any links where I can buy these dishes that you suggest lads ?

also I got an Inverto Black Ultra Single LNB in the post today, so that will help me out alot

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
I only know of suppliers in Europe so;

Gibertini 1.25M & polar mount _http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-gibertini/gibertini-125-cm-aluminium-offsetantenne.html

Laminas 1.2M _http://www.2galli.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=OFC1200&type=30&code_lg=lg_fr&num=21

and the Laminas homepage _http://www.laminas.com.pl/english/index_en.html

Looking at the Gibertini 1.25M, I think the dish mount would need some 'modification' to fit a diseq motor stub. It may be worth considering a polar mount and actuator instead if you decided on this dish.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
thanks for that Pete. Are those Laminas dishes light enough for my pole and motor and where did you buy your one if you dont mind me asking

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Well.......

Yes, but I ended up with a new Clarke Tech motor as the dish really exposed a backlash problem with my existing Technomate motor. Up to now there hasn't been a problem (fingers crossed)

I got the Laminas dish from the same place I posted the link to, 2galli.fr (Don't forget I live in France so it's far easier to source stuff from European suppliers)

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
hopefully this is my last update on this thread for long time :)

well my satellite dish is up and my signal strength is very good compared to that **** of a cowboy installer, im very pleased. Just have to play around with it. But at the moment everything is well.

I decided not to go down the USALS road, i kept with the manual side. I do hope to go down the USALS road some time but I want to get at least some enjoyment out of my dish while everything is hunky dory (touch wood)

just like to say this satellite forum is one of best iv experienced, really friendly and helpful folk

thanks for all the advice and putting up with a newbie like me

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Well done. You got there in the end!! Don't forget, we were all 'newbies' at some time!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That is a great outcome ...... you will not regret buckling down and doing it yourself.

I resisted USALS for quite some time, but once I decided to try it I'd never go back to storing my own positions.

For a properly installed system, USALS is an elegant, accurate and simple to use algorithm.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
lads sorry for digging up my old thread but iv decided in the future to install my dish in the ground, so is there any walk-through or advice

my plan is to use the the same pole but i have to cut it back a bit

see why im doing this is because last night there was a pretty bad windy weather and iv lost all my channels, so im thinking the dish lost the arc so im hoping having the dish close to the ground will reduce the risk