Testing New White Sky UK Card - CAID 963

jrirl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020, DM 500, TM600.
Channel Master 1.2M with 36v motor, 42E to 30W
My Location
Ireland
My entitlements are listed till the 10th Sept too, but the card went off this morning at approx 1am. Thought it was a local issue, so tore my hair out for a while.
Then thought of putting it back into the Sly box, and got a message onscreen right away "For Your Information, This program is not available"
I though, what the heck!
Rang Sly and apparantly the card had lost its "pairing with the box" according to the CS rep, and when I asked how, he said it must have been no sat signal going to the box, ie the Sly box.

Anyone got any ideas how that may have happened seeing as how newcs was showing entitlements till 10th Sept?
Thanks.

rick1980 said:
My entitlements are valid till september, so I won't know until then.

The settings I posted above are for the internal reader on my TM500

coley

Reaction score
I had this with a blue card lost a few channels all entitlements up to date got another card blocked erverything I could and all seems to be well

Coley

jrirl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020, DM 500, TM600.
Channel Master 1.2M with 36v motor, 42E to 30W
My Location
Ireland
This was every channel gone. Card is clearing channels now again, and back in dreambox. Entitlements showing till 24th Sept now. I have ga, ua, and sa all blocked, so am puzzled as to why it lost entitlents this AM, with the last lot showing ok up to Sept 10...

Neonlight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000
My Location
Switzerland
In other Newcs Configs "blockC0" is sometimes used.It has something to do with blocking fake emm.
Does somebody use this 4th blocker with Sky Cards?

digidude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
loads of stuff, i'll get round to listing it all
My Location
De Cymru
ive been running a white card in a tm600 since the day newcs1.66 was released, i had 1.65 spoofed to run 1.66 along with mgcamd, and its been perfect over both lan and wan with 7 users

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
andel said:
any news on the entitlement update?

@B16MCC is this your newcs settings using your internal reader or on your server?

Andel, the card is in an omnikey reader on my ubuntu server. You cannot use the omnikey reader with a dreambox.

No change on my entitlements yet , card working great so far.

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
B16MCC said:
Andel, the card is in an omnikey reader on my ubuntu server. You cannot use the omnikey reader with a dreambox.

No change on my entitlements yet , card working great so far.

B16MCC would you clarify something for me please, above you said to Rick1980 that you were using identical newcs settings as him however, you are talking about the settings on your server and he was talking about using the internal reader on his TM500.

In your previous thread, the video tutorial on setting up newcs, the settings you used had the four blocks set to yes now you are saying blockua & sa are set to no, why is this?

Also do the Technomate's have different internal readers to the DM's as Rick1980 is running at 500mhz. Is this safe to do on a DM?

Thanks in advance:)

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Just a quick update on how I'm getting on.

I have found the card freezing a little at 600mhz back at 500mhz now and all good.

Also nlines seem to slow it down to. Though having only 2 nlines and resharing through CCcam seems ok.

I know other people are having differant experiences, it seems that what is working for 1 person is working a little differantly to the next.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rick1980 said:
I know other people are having differant experiences, it seems that what is working for 1 person is working a little differantly to the next.

At the end of the day for each hop there is another indeterminate broadband link involved. If they all work at different speeds then this is bound to cause variability between one identical set up and another

dreamer786

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have a 7025 dreambox
My Location
england
Hi i have white sky card working in dreambox 7025 only problem is i can,t see anything in entitlments no or unknown card /dev/sci2 message card is the new white card 0963 and it,s in bottom slot of my dreambox any one able to help me with this please ***thanks

lfc84

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dm500s
My Location
uk
i think you need to use newcs web interface to see entitlements

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
andel said:
B16MCC would you clarify something for me please, above you said to Rick1980 that you were using identical newcs settings as him however, you are talking about the settings on your server and he was talking about using the internal reader on his TM500.

I was referring to the blocker settings only. I should have been more clear, sorry.

In your previous thread, the video tutorial on setting up newcs, the settings you used had the four blocks set to yes now you are saying blockua & sa are set to no, why is this?

Since the tutorial went out I learned that EMM flooding was due to GA emm's only. So by allowing UA and SA emm's it may be possible for the card to take an entitlement update.

Also do the Technomate's have different internal readers to the DM's as Rick1980 is running at 500mhz. Is this safe to do on a DM?

Sorry, I have no idea what readers are in a TM

Thanks in advance:)

For dreamer786 :-

Firstly, the message 'No or unknown card' is a CCcam message. You will not see the white card entitlements in CCcam. You need to look at them in the NewCS web interface. Also, your bottom slot of the DM7025 is /dev/sci0.

dev/sci2 does not exist on a DM7025.

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
Is there any way to initialize the new white card without a $ky receiver? Mine unfortunately died 3 years ago. Do I need to get a second hand receiver to pair it and update the entitlements first or is there any other way to get it working?

My blue card, which is currently sitting in DB7000/CCcam has valid entitlements until 27/9 so no major rush but it is going to expire eventually.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
This scenario does present a problem. As far as I know, the box needs to see the old card, before it can activate the new one. Since you're old box is dead even buying a new one will not activate the card automatically as you cannot put your old card in the new box.

Either way, I think its essential you buy a box from flee-bay or where ever, get it setup and simply explain your situation to sly on the phone. They will surely activate the new card for you. This way , you then have a paired card to a receiver from which you can retreive a valid box key.

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
I have the old BOX id so in theory might be able to pair it once the soft CAM development advances, the question is will it get there in time? I will hold off until the blue card completely expires and bet on clever programmers fixing the soft CAM code :-)

Thanks anyway, B16MCC

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I hope it comes soon mate. I do prefer to run CCcam only.

maxsuma11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800
My Location
uk
card work 100 % with smargo no freeze nothing use 357 mhz on newcs cfg faster then this you will see chaid diffrent or will not work on boot

1.67 rc1 smargo perfect even better then the old card

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
maxsuma11:-

Can you confirm please you are using the 0963 card in a smargo in NewCS 1.67 ?
If so, can you please post the settings you made to the smargo.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
B16MCC said:
I hope it comes soon mate. I do prefer to run CCcam only.

Come on cccam 2.1.3 :toke:

jst99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000, Reelbox AVG
My Location
Somerset UK
I too have had my card lose its pairing with my sly box, entitlements were until 22-08 but I checked it this morning and via newcs there where no entitlements on the card - phoned sly and they have resent the pairing info - in newcs I did leave it as defaults
<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>No</blockga>
<blockC0>No</blockC0>

Once the card comes back on I will change these to yes and see if that helps........has anyone found away to 100% stop this happening??

jst99