uk bbc channels normally on 28.2 on intelsat 907 27.5w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Hixxy1 said:
Hi Tivu. Were you using win xp when unbricking the box. I might experiment but the pc I have with a serial interface only has windows 7 installed.

Yes, must have been XP. My neighbour's Dell is somewhat ancient and he doesn't keep up to date.

Can't see why Win 7 won't work: The critical issue is having a 9 pin serial Port as Converter cables just don't work.

iandoh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Mutlibracket (19e, 13e, 10e, 9e, 4.8e) & 1.2m @ 28e
My Location
Pärnu. Estonia/Burgas, Bulgaria
Tivù said:
I did, before the Key change.

Easily available constant.cw files via your favourite Search Engine.
Yeah I know that and I've got one. It just wont decode any biss channel for some reason. Thought it needed a specific type.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, don't think there are different flavours.

Mine works fine for various other Channels across the arc.

But I do recall a reboot or six were needed after uploading.

Of course, you can always open the file on your PC using Notepad/Wordpad or similar (Do ensure the Always Open Files Of This Type button is unchecked: Disassociating is a right royal pain!) so you can read through and check those particular Channels are included in the file.

dantis1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402 HD M2, TM F3/5, Openbox S9 & S10, Sky+HD, Fixed 130cm & 80cm dishes, (28.2E &26E) & 27.5W and motorised 80cm, Samsung 55C7000
My Location
La Viñuela, Costa del Sol
iandoh said:
Yeah I know that and I've got one. It just wont decode any biss channel for some reason. Thought it needed a specific type.
I have decoded 'MBC International' on 26E using BISS key with my S10, the channel had the $ scrambled sign and would not show anything, entered all the information including BISS in constant.cw and saved and exited, channel came up straight away.

So I know that BISS decoding does work with S10 at least.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
iandoh said:
It seems to work with the F5 but I cannot for the life of me get it to unscramble the channels. I can't get it to unscramble ANY biss channel for that matter. Do you have some specific constant.cw for it?
You just need to open the constant.cw in notepad and make sure the keys are the up to date ones. I'm guessing you're getting the $ symbol next to the channel after you've edited it?

I'll have a go sometime, thanks to Tivu for the unbricking information.

iandoh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Mutlibracket (19e, 13e, 10e, 9e, 4.8e) & 1.2m @ 28e
My Location
Pärnu. Estonia/Burgas, Bulgaria
Hixxy1 said:
You just need to open the constant.cw in notepad and make sure the keys are the up to date ones. I'm guessing you're getting the $ symbol next to the channel after you've edited it?

I'll have a go sometime, thanks to Tivu for the unbricking information.
Yeah I have the dollar symbol now and even tried making my own constant.cw but to no avail. I'll investigate a bit more later. Also I can upoload my channel list which works on the F5 if yours still crashes.

dantis1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402 HD M2, TM F3/5, Openbox S9 & S10, Sky+HD, Fixed 130cm & 80cm dishes, (28.2E &26E) & 27.5W and motorised 80cm, Samsung 55C7000
My Location
iandoh said:
Yeah I have the dollar symbol now and even tried making my own constant.cw but to no avail. I'll investigate a bit more later. Also I can upoload my channel list which works on the F5 if yours still crashes.
I entered all the information in constant.cw using the remote control, okay for one or two but not great for lots.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It works on a couple of the BISS'd channels on 53E as well (on the F3 - nothing additional needed it just worked first time).

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
Robinson74 said:
Except on selected receivers such as TM-5402 and Dr.HD.
VU+ or DM are not the ones to go for if PMT scrambling is expected.
I did a Google search for the Technomate TM-5402 (Dr.HD seemed a less googleable phrase) and it seems quite affordable at under £140 in the UK, so I'll have a look for dealers near here in Obidos, Portugal. This seems to be the only way I'll be able to receive the BBC package via satellite when 1N is replaced by 2E.

What size dish would I need to get 27.5w? Will that be smaller than the 1.4m dish I currently use for 1N?

I've never used any receivers for Sat Tv that wasn't set up for me by a dealer, (currently an old pace sky box and a foxsat HD) and I doubt that any dealers near here are going to be familiar with 27.5w and getting the BBC that way as they seem to want to sell virtual ip services.

I don't fancy the "buffering" on my slow broadband connection, or paying for loads of bandwidth I don't need. Can anyone point me to a resource to guide me through setting a Technomate up to receive BBC on 27,5w?

I realise I'll have to find a source for stuff that can't be posted here, but I figure that first I should get the kit set up before I start tinkering with codes and stuff.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Please bear in mind that just because the 27.5W solution is available right now, there has already been one comprehensive Key change this year and further changes are increasingly likely if this route becomes mainstream. The BBC clearly accept a degree of "unintended" reception in determining their policy and their investment, but if widespread advantage is taken, then they will surely review how they go about protecting these transmissions.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
From all I see and hear there is a lot more focus on folk getting virtual Ip addresses and using IPlayer so presumably the small number of people going the 27.5w route is a smaller problem for them.

Anyway, the new receiver and possibly dish purchased can presumably always be used to get other satellites and channels which we wil be looking for if we lose the BBC.

I have no interest in any of the stuff available on cable packages etc offered here in Portugal, so it's seems to be either 27.5w or virtual ip addresses are the only choices.

Tivù said:
Please bear in mind that just because the 27.5W solution is available right now, there has already been one comprehensive Key change this year and further changes are increasingly likely if this route becomes mainstream. The BBC clearly accept a degree of "unintended" reception in determining their policy and their investment, but if widespread advantage is taken, then they will surely review how they go about protecting these transmissions.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Fair comment.

I tend to keep Web-based solutions far from the forefront of my mind, owing to my astonishing Download Speed of 0.72 Mbps ........

One forgets that the civilised world has moved on!

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Ricky from Obidos said:
From all I see and hear there is a lot more focus on folk getting virtual Ip addresses and using IPlayer so presumably the small number of people going the 27.5w route is a smaller problem for them.

Anyway, the new receiver and possibly dish purchased can presumably always be used to get other satellites and channels which we wil be looking for if we lose the BBC.

I have no interest in any of the stuff available on cable packages etc offered here in Portugal, so it's seems to be either 27.5w or virtual ip addresses are the only choices.
If you've got firefox or chrome, there's an addon called hola unblocker. It allows you to use iplayer itv player hulu netflix etc.. for free and works really well.

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish 45E - 30W, Clarke-Tech ET9000
My Location
Poland
Ricky from Obidos said:
What size dish would I need to get 27.5w? Will that be smaller than the 1.4m dish I currently use for 1N?
For Portugal, even a 60cm dish seems to be enough.
All you need is a motorized installation or a separate fixed dish pointed at 27.5W.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
Hixxy1 said:
If you've got firefox or chrome, there's an addon called hola unblocker. It allows you to use iplayer itv player hulu netflix etc.. for free and works really well.
Thanks for this. I checked this out on the Mozilla plug in site and it looks useful, with some security issues and complaints by others.

I will use it on a separate system, but I would not use it on any computer that needs to be secure, my main one for example. From the instructions on the hola org website, in order to run on my system I would have to let it bypass my AV and my firewall.
So I wouldn't want to use this on anything that is connected to my network.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
Robinson74 said:
For Portugal, even a 60cm dish seems to be enough.
All you need is a motorized installation or a separate fixed dish pointed at 27.5W.
Thanks very much for the info, I'm going to get mysef organised with a 60cm dish pointed at 27.5w and order either the Technomate 5402 hd or the Dr. HD receiver. I just Googled the latter and see there are lots of models. Any recommendation as to which would be best for my needs?

I'd like it to be easy to setup as from what I've read I might have to enter new codes from time to time if they keep changing them.

I'm a newbie to this, but I'm also a persistent person with a techie nature, so I'm prepared to learn to use whatever is the better equipment.

dantis1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ricky from Obidos said:
I did a Google search for the Technomate TM-5402 (Dr.HD seemed a less googleable phrase) and it seems quite affordable at under £140 in the UK, so I'll have a look for dealers near here in Obidos, Portugal. This seems to be the only way I'll be able to receive the BBC package via satellite when 1N is replaced by 2E.

I've never used any receivers for Sat Tv that wasn't set up for me by a dealer, (currently an old pace sky box and a foxsat HD) and I doubt that any dealers near here are going to be familiar with 27.5w and getting the BBC that way as they seem to want to sell virtual ip services.

I don't fancy the "buffering" on my slow broadband connection, or paying for loads of bandwidth I don't need. Can anyone point me to a resource to guide me through setting a Technomate up to receive BBC on 27,5w?

I realise I'll have to find a source for stuff that can't be posted here, but I figure that first I should get the kit set up before I start tinkering with codes and stuff.
I am in the same situation as you, due to the fact I am located near Malaga, a seperate small dish and the TM 5402HD seems the way to go. The Openbox S10 that I currently use does not seem to like scrambled PMT's so its out. As you say the relatively small investment of £140 may be worth it, although the BBC could change the encryption, who knows?

I have Sky+ HD so will be less affected than others, but I would like ITV HD and BBC1 HD at least.

The setting-up procedure will probably be similar to my S10 which currently runs two clines for Canal+, Sky.it, Sky.de etc etc, I am a bit of a newbie myself but it all seems quite straightforward. I have decoded two channels on 26E using BISS and the S10 and it was very easy indeed.

Robinson74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish 45E - 30W, Clarke-Tech ET9000
My Location
Poland
Ricky from Obidos said:
order either the Technomate 5402 hd or the Dr. HD receiver. I just Googled the latter and see there are lots of models. Any recommendation as to which would be best for my needs?
It depends if you have any particular requirements such as a double tuner, recording. If not, go for the cheapest Dr.HD (D-15?) or TM-5402.
Please note there will probably be no EPG on 27.5W.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Midlands
Ricky from Obidos said:

There's a few people on here that's been playing with Technomates:
_www.digitalworldz.co.uk/288049-27-5-w-bbc-33.html

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
If we are both going to have a go at this, we might help each other. I think maybe you'll need a slightly bigger dish down in Malaga than I will half way up Portugal. I checked the coverage map which took me a while to find as Intelsat now call it "IS-907 at 332.5º E" and I was searching for 27.5w (and the lyngsat site seems to have out of date map links). Anyway the image is now at exnetapps.intelsat.com/flash/coverage-maps/images/907-332s1.jpg

Comparing that map with dishsize info from Analoguesat on selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/dishsize.html (needs the www. prefix) it seems that while I just squeeeze into 60cm being on the borderline of 48.6dbw, down south in Malaga you might need 75cm or 80cm as you will be around 47dbw I guess.

I understand that on your Sky box you can still get the HD version of ch 5 and presumably any pay channels you've signed up for, but I gather you will not get any more FTA channels than Freesat boxes when they switch to 2E / 2F?

For me it is BBC 1, 2, 3 and 4 that I watch more than anything else, so if I can find a way to channel hop between those from the comfort of my armchair, I'll feel a lot happier than waiting for buffering and loading from the various internet routes which I've tested thus far (filmon etc).

I managed to find out that PMT stands for Program Map Table, but I haven't yet figured out what "clines" are?

It's great to hear that the Biss code business is very easy on you other box, that's a relief, I may ask for help if I get stuck.

dantis1 said:
I am in the same situation as you, due to the fact I am located near Malaga, a seperate small dish and the TM 5402HD seems the way to go. The Openbox S10 that I currently use does not seem to like scrambled PMT's so its out. As you say the relatively small investment of £140 may be worth it, although the BBC could change the encryption, who knows?

I have Sky+ HD so will be less affected than others, but I would like ITV HD and BBC1 HD at least.

The setting-up procedure will probably be similar to my S10 which currently runs two clines for Canal+, Sky.it, Sky.de etc etc, I am a bit of a newbie myself but it all seems quite straightforward. I have decoded two channels on 26E using BISS and the S10 and it was very easy indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.