Which is the best Sci Fi series...Past and Present

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, added it Llew. :) You may now vote for it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Welcome Doglet, glad to see that there are others who feel taht a world without Sci-Fi would be a less interesting place. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ilkla Moor ba' taht ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, took me a while, but finally realised what you meant. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
rwabyr said:
I have now voted twice for quatermass.

Is it showing any error messages?

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
How about Roy Thinnes in "The Invaders?"
I used to be an avid follower in the old days.
Allan
happy.gif

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can't remember that one Allan, how long ago was it on?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
It was 1 of those annoying Yank SCI FI series with no ending, and every week was the same, Nobody beleived HIM about the aliens, and all those who he prooved it 2 "useually ended up dead, with the evidence. If i remember correctly "one of the aliens "killed every month" actor shortages many appearances, he was also enginner on VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. "theres some useless info for yous DAVE.

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
I guess it wasn't the greatest of series. It was just that I just happened to see Roy Thinnes in an early
X-Files episode and it jogged the old grey cells.
happy.gif

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Hi allen "i watched avidly" just was pissed off at no ending of series,
Like a lot of series at the time, (hulk comes to mind) prisoner dragged on so much i missed it, (seen it a year or so ago) thank god for the sci fi channel, Hence why i like Bab5 so much "my vote" it was started with the end already written.

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Okay you asked for it. What was wrong with Buster Crabbe and "Flash Gordon" every Saturday morning at the Tuppeny rush?
eyebrow.gif

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
allan238 said:
Okay you asked for it. What was wrong with Buster Crabbe and "Flash Gordon" every Saturday morning at the Tuppeny rush?
eyebrow.gif

another "never ending story"
used to cost me sixpence "a tanner" to watch in pictures "this was the promom and feature was next" I have a verygood memory, and aint THAT old, when i chat to peeps i remember from when i was 5, they look at me as though i`m ill.

even rember hape`nny return on the bus, "thats half of half p (to you who remember 1/2p).

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Our local cinema use to have the 5p (as Im not that old) for the three hour Saturday morning

Pity that among the Sci Fi stuff were really bad spin offs of Lassie and Champion the Wonderhorse just to fill it out

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Our local cinema use to have the 5p (as Im not that old) for the three hour Saturday morning

Pity that among the Sci Fi stuff were really bad spin offs of Lassie and Champion the Wonderhorse just to fill it out

you meen 5p or 5d, (got mine wrong ment d) forget lassie grasshopper
what about casey jones, (OSCAR CONTENDERS) just the name send the song through my head :p :p

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Added Flash Gordon Allan :)

@ Allan, Dave and CH, I certainly remember getting the Trolley Bus up to the Savoy cinema in Reading, we used to sit there for the saturday morning matinee with our kia-ora and singing along with the bouncing ball. :D

Can't remember what the price was for a ticket, but it probably wasn't more than sixpence.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It was definitely 5p for me, Im only a spring chicken, but just for Burnt Chips

http://mysite.freeserve.com/whirligig3/tv/caseyjones.wav

I was lucky enough to see most episodes on TV once my dad had given up trying to build them, but then the plot got complicated with Robinson Crusoe and another French overdubbed thing called White Horses.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
It was definitely 5p for me, Im only a spring chicken, but just for Burnt Chips

http://mysite.freeserve.com/whirligig3/tv/caseyjones.wav

I was lucky enough to see most episodes on TV once my dad had given up trying to build them, but then the plot got complicated with Robinson Crusoe and another French overdubbed thing called White Horses.

The froggie Crusoe roberre" caruso never had a song in the soundtrack
just that far away from it music (a bit like upstair downstairs theme)
now white horses "i sang like a trooper to this", There was another froggie out at the time "some chavalier du riche " or like like, medival french knights etc (song started) its right to fight for what you want, and all that you beleive, CLASSICS " MY GOD WE WERE DUMB.

AS FOR DENIAL by Grass Hopper (i`m 43) decimalisation appeared about 72, i remember being an enterprising ERIC, as 2d was worth 1p, but a tanner was worth 2.5p,
So i changed all my tanners (got 1 every week spends) into old pennys, then converted into pence, (at 11 or 12 that was all my own doing (my mum just couldn`t get it.)
Now i remember Trolly buses (got hit by 1) and every now and then we,
me and my bro (went to a local park by bus) 7ml away, and it was 1/2d
return (this was about 1968) who would let a 8 year old travel with a 9 y/o this far now, "sign of times" well not really ? as i was approached by pervs then, was a wise street kid who could run fast, IT JUST WASN`T REPORTED. as for piccys (the local flea pit) every town had 1 , a cheap and ancient picture house ! it was a threepenny bit "3 old pennys" for sat matenee.