DigitAlb - No Saturday 3pm kick-offs

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Footballers wages seem to be unsustainable for many clubs and this is why they are struggling. Premiership clubs get by ok but drop out of that league and lose the £30m or so and you have problems. Even 2 years parachute money doesn't fill the void when the team drops.

£20,000 a week for a prem player seems modest these days but the club would have to sell about 3,000 season tickets to pay that player. Multiply that 15 to 20 times. I think there has to be a new system of payment, maybe by results and forget paying annual salaries regardles of results.

steford

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ZGemma H.S
My Location
W13
1emac9 said:
The FA is trying to protect teams Premier teams such as Bolton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn as well as lower league clubs who have low attendance. To them the idea of live 3pms to a UK audience is practically suicide. Having top league matches at different time to the lower leagues is a very thought provoking concept steford, one which could possibly work if certain issues were ironed out.

It seems to me though that the Saturday AM and Saturday PM (non 3PM) games only really helps attendance at a local match by locals as it is almost impossible to watch one then get to the ground or watch after going to a local ground. For away supporters or those travelling a fair distance it's just as bad as having it on at 3PM. I also think many fans are happy to watch their team only (at whatever time either on TV or live) and aren't too interested in other matches live. I'm sure Bolton would prefer 100,000 watching on TV say (with TV season tickets or as one-offs) with a few thousand less in the stadium should that be a consequence of it.

I do think the FA is stuck in the past a little in this respect although they must have considered it and ruled it out before now.

1emac9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Full Sky roi, DB 500s + Fracarro Penta 85cm at 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E
My Location
Ireland
Topper said:
Well if they think that is the problem it shows that they have never got off their backsides and been to these places to find out what the real answers are. As soon as they did they would realise that in two of the three you mention they still have not recovered from the debilitating loss of King Cotton..........There is of course high unemployment and and high ethnicity in Blackburn, Bolton and surrounding areas and therefore culturally football match attendence is not high on their priority lists or agendas.

Yes ticket prices are high. £40 to £50 plus is a lot of money over the course of a season, not to mention the other costs that go into supporting you club every week!
I feel 3pm matches not being showed on DigitAlb shows how far the FA are willing to go to stop us from watching 3pms and deter us from subscribing to them in the first place. It's fairly 'hard line' tactics, I would not be in favor of this approach there taking.

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
Does it effect sunday games on digitalb ?

i watch all the matches on a sunday last season, ca i do the same this year or do digitalb not so any EPL on a sunday any more ?

if someone could clear this up it would be great.

thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
As the thread states this only affects Saturday 3 PM Kick Offs, all other games are shown normally.
It is rumoured that DigitAlb have sold some of the games, Champions League and Cup games have been mentioned, but these are just rumours.

ciaran

Reaction score
Mickha said:
Most games are still being shown, on Premiere and DigitAlb, only the Saturday 3 PM kick offs aren't.
But for the moment there is still a choice of Saturday 3PM games on 1 West and possibly DigitAlb will be showing Saturday 3 PM kick Offs from December, but we'll have to wait and see.

here lad,

much appreciated the help. got galaxie up and running for the toffees match tommorow...however this time tommorow i may not be so grateful when they thrash us...

louis saha...good god.

cheers again mate.

ciarán.

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m ? dish pole mounted in back garden, bigsat hh motor mount, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, viaccess 2.5 cam, 1yr art subs card
My Location
n.ireland
hi i had digitalb last year and the coverage of the prem was just what i wanted. it expired 2 weeks ago and i was going to renew it. however as a united fan i had not needed to watch it this season until last week as all the matches had been on sky and when i checked if the match was on i noticed they were not showing any 3pm kick offs.

so basically what im wondering is, are they not going to be showing 3pms any more? i heard a rumour that it was only until november then they would be showing them but why would that be?

basically i dont want to go forking out what has now gone up to a couple of hundred quid if their not showing 3pms as that was why i got it in the first place.

also is there any alternatives out there that show several matches at the same time as this did last season and art did before that?

cheers in advance:confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DigitAlb have been got at by the FAPL. There will be no 3pm's until November at the earliest

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Only Showtime show ALL live premier league,and at the same time.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And you can forget Showtime in Northern Ireland - you would need a silly sized dish size for it!

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
LJ,S forum now has digitalb supersports 3pm games advertised for Sunday.
I will see if anything happens but i will be using a different channel in case.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Analoguesat said:
And you can forget Showtime in Northern Ireland - you would need a silly sized dish size for it!
Can't be as silly as the dish size we need for BBC/ITV :)

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m ? dish pole mounted in back garden, bigsat hh motor mount, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, viaccess 2.5 cam, 1yr art subs card
My Location
n.ireland
cheers all. that sucks tbh

i was in a bar last week and was able to watch the united bolton game but i cant remember what channel it was. but i take it most of the others showing 3pms are only showing i match then?

apart from showtime obviously but i already knew it was a non starter for me.

thing i dont understand is if the epl had been onto digitalb and thats why they were currently not showing 3pms why would that change in nov? surely they would not be showing any all season.

i thought matbe this season they did not have the rights to show as many matches so they were only showing a smaller amount for the first couple of months so they could show their full program in the later months of the season.

does anybody know for a fact that they will show 3pms from november or is it just a rumour? cos im not buying a card to then find out there will be no sat 3pms as that would be a waste of money

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
Mickha said:
It's the FA that decided showing Saturday 3 PM kick Offs have a detrimental effect on fans visiting the matches so banned any showing of Saturday 3 PM games in this country.
They decided selling the rights abroad, to foreign countries, which includes Ireland, would not have any detrimental effect on attendances.
This ruling now seems somewhat out of date as since S*y bought the rights to the Premiership there isn't as many Saturday 3 PM matches played.
The big arguement is whether it is television coverage that is hitting attendances or the overpricing of tickets, especially for family attendance.
With so many pubs now showing Saturday 3 PM games, with foreign subscriptions readily available, and undercutting S*y's ridiculous prices, the FA have acted.
Personally I think it's more to protect their television money, from S*y, than to enforce the act and improve attendances.

the thing i dont get about this is this, i live in northern ireland most people here are not going to be attending lower league english matches or whatever so why should we fall under this same rule. i mean setanta ireland can get the 3pms but we are not allowed to watch them even though were on the same island what a crock of s**t. if i lived in england i wouldnt need to watch 3pms as i'd be attending the matches:mad:

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
With a motorized dish, and the right equipment, then you should still have a wide choice of football, including Saturday 3 PM Kick offs, for example:
Sunderland Vs Arsenal
Premiere 19E English Commentary
Prima_Cz and RTL 1W no english audio option
C+ Sport 1 1W

West Brom Vs Fulham
Galaxie Sport 1W English Audio
C+ Sport 2 1W English Audio

Wigan Vs Boro
C+ Sport Extra English Audio

Check liveonsat for full details but there are still available channels showing some games.

Kristian1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized Penta 85cm. TM5400+ Super and Eaglebox HD mini.
My Location
Oxford, UK
Hi Mickha

The channels you refer to above...are they subscription services or would i be able to view them for free if i bought a dish and receiver?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Guess :D At the moment they are available on patches although this could change at any time.

charles777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Dish,Technomate TI-5400 CI+USB RECEIVER
My Location
Cheshire
I have heard that digitalb are going to resume 3pm kick offs from the EPL as from 30th November,any one else heard this?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
This is the rumour that's come about from DigitAlb's original statement, supplied and translated by Darkman, which simply seemed to say that they wouldn't be showing any Saturday 3 PM games until after the 30th November, it didn't actually tell us what happens after the 30th November so we'll just have to wait and see.

ciaran

Reaction score
Mickha said:
With a motorized dish, and the right equipment, then you should still have a wide choice of football, including Saturday 3 PM Kick offs, for example:
Sunderland Vs Arsenal
Premiere 19E English Commentary
Prima_Cz and RTL 1W no english audio option
C+ Sport 1 1W

West Brom Vs Fulham
Galaxie Sport 1W English Audio
C+ Sport 2 1W English Audio

Wigan Vs Boro
C+ Sport Extra English Audio

Check liveonsat for full details but there are still available channels showing some games.

Hi Michka..

Was just wondering what the C+ sport channels on thor (youve mentioned above are opened with - are they only opened with a sub?