SECA 2 now available on Dragon CAM

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
strangford said:
Ihave a Dragon Cam and Loader Card...Conax all ok.....Nothing on 30 West, have i done something wrong? Loaded Preadator 1 0 File also where will i get the Dragon Programmer on what site...Hope someone can help me on this.
Strangford

you should be loading the new Predator 11, you should be able to get this easily, I attach the loader, but you must have a loader if you have already loaded the CAM.

strangford

Reaction score
rolfw said:
you should be loading the new Predator 11, you should be able to get this easily, I attach the loader, but you must have a loader if you have already loaded the CAM.
Thanks for your reply to my request for help..i have used the loader plus the Predator 11 as you said, Seca2 on Sky Italia all ok as with the Conax, but nothing on 30 West.....i use a Humax 5400 so i should be getting something...strong signal as i got 30 West prior to the change, anyway thankyou for your kind help.....excellent Quality Picture on Sky Italia hope it stays.
Thankyou
strangford:)

Samba65

Reaction score
Hi, Just a quick question. Does the dragon cam work real good with the humax 5400? I am debating getting a dragon cam and I have a humax 5400. Also what Seca2 channels do you get on Sky Italia? Also do you know a good place to buy the dragon cam?Hope you can answer some of my questions.
Take it easy,
Samba65:)

strangford said:
Thanks for your reply to my request for help..i have used the loader plus the Predator 11 as you said, Seca2 on Sky Italia all ok as with the Conax, but nothing on 30 West.....i use a Humax 5400 so i should be getting something...strong signal as i got 30 West prior to the change, anyway thankyou for your kind help.....excellent Quality Picture on Sky Italia hope it stays.
Thankyou
strangford:)

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Rolf
you don't seem very enthusiastic about the seca2 news

Are you not convinced that it will work or last

guardian

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
What CAM and programmer shall i buy now.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
guardian said:
Rolf
you don't seem very enthusiastic about the seca2 news

Are you not convinced that it will work or last

guardian

Not convinced, there is a lot of money behind Sky Italia and they will not be sitting on their hands.

Enjoy it while you can is I think the message. :)

@ Shahid, not going to recommend that anyone goes out and buys any specific CAM, because the minute i do, the party will finish, as has happened on recent occasions.

If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that the Dragon seems to be the star at the moment, but for how long? Who knows. :)

castrogacio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
I've heard this magnificent news. It's great that we seem to have Seca2 back, even though at the moment it only seems to be available with Sky Italia.

The problem for me seems to be that I've heard on the grapevine that the current software on the Dragon Cam is not compatible with some Echostar receivers. I own the 2510IP Viaccess model and have heard that this also has the pixellation problems.

I also have an MR1.06 and a Tiatanium OS1.06

What do you guys think the solution is for me?

Should I wait to see if new software on the Dragon Cam or Matrix Reloaded?

Should I invest in a bew receiver?

They say that the Echostar 3600 model is ok!!! with the Dragon Cam.

CHEERS CHAPS

marcoh64

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Netherlands
I would wait before buying anything new. Things change fast, new versions, on new cards/cams (seca2 on titanium soon public probably). Before spending moeny i would also first wait to see how long this hack will last, there are a lot of ways Sky can stop this every second they want.

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
this thread is red hot!!!

castrogacio: at the moment only sky ita is available, and we dont know how long this is going to be "opened" for. yes, dragon cam doesnt work well with a few receivers. it's up to you, but personally I'll wait for a little while longer for "better" software - a few more channels? and to see what measure sky ita throw up with and can it be overcome. we 've been staring at a black screen for over a year now, a few more weeks wont hurt.

well done the ppl who made this possible, if they can do sky uk then i'll nominate them for a nobel prize

A

Amnesiac

bradle01 said:
I will never cease to be amazed at the jubilation that surrounds people's discovery that an encryption system can be accessed using products that use allegedly illicit software, and their irritation when a broadcaster does something aout it. Is this a game, or something? Do you all honestly believe that broadcasters and encryption companies aren't doing their level best to stop such mischief in its tracks.

Why buy a Dragon CAM (or anything else of that ilk anyway), when the legitimate Seca CAM works fine (with an official card).

Canal Digitaal has already blocked the use of such hardware, the french and poles won't be far behind.

Only a few days ago a customer came in with a failed Ultra Blue card and what looked like a standard Irdeto 2 CAM. But it had been flashed by the retailer and the customer wasn't even told. So the UB card had failed.

I believe that ANY reference to any product of this type on this or any other website visible or any publication distributed in the EU constitutes a breach of the Conditional Access Directive and the Sale and Supply to Consumers Directive.

And the sooner the users of this forum (and the rest of the world too) realises that every time they access a service without paying for it they are stealing ordinary peoples' jobs from them, the better.

IT'S THEFT - YOU CALL IT FUN - I CALL IT THEFT - AND THAT'S A CRIME.
You have a point but the industry is equally to blame -they want to carve the EU TV market up in nice cozy cartels rather than live with competition. They have even (somehow) managed to protect this neat little arrangement,

• You will not be supplied a card to view TV from (for example) Sky in the UK but you live in France.
  • The laws of the EU (the same ones that you are using in your argument) make it illegal to descriminate on goods or services suppied in the EU on the basis of race or nationality.
How are these two things rationalised? Oh they say.. the contracts we sign for programming rights... well.. hmm... really... contracts that are in breach of the law cannot be binding.

I have fun - yes fun- "playing" with this equipment and the encryption systems and have done for about 10 years. I have always paid for a subscription... even for the 2 years I lived in a listed building and had to suffer OnDigital (which by the way I could have hacked to watch). So I don't have any qualms.

I'm not "stealing" anyones job. ITV digital failed because those running it couldn't run a TV station in a competitive marketplace. Almost exactly the same folks screwed up BSB, they are running the ITV network into the ground and they did it again with OnDigital. I notice Crown Castle are making Freeview pay for them and we'll see what TopUp do.

I want a competitive vibrant TV market in the EU where I can buy channels at market value, where I don't get a flaming RED SPLODGE over every thing and I get to choose the channels that I watch rather than have to subsidise channels I can't stand in the "package" I am offered.

In that case a multicam like the Dragon or the others is actually a sensible purchase... 1 CAM to watch multiple encryptions... nice idea. (Shame Sky have broken EU regs by not producing a CAM or enabling the PCMCIA slot on their boxes)

But hey I'm only the customer... and like most Europeans I don't get a choice with multi-channel TV because the cartels have it sewn up. I'd say that is actually costing more jobs if one were to get trivial over it.

A.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Titanium card file is now out at Toe's and Satdudez.

oceanboy

Reaction score
My Location
In front of PC
Hey guys,

Do i need a dragon cam in my Dreammbox 7000 for the use of Seca2? Or can i just FTP it in where all the other soft cams are?

Cheers

technodj2003

Reaction score
bradle01 said:
I will never cease to be amazed at the jubilation that surrounds people's discovery that an encryption system can be accessed using products that use allegedly illicit software, and their irritation when a broadcaster does something aout it. Is this a game, or something? Do you all honestly believe that broadcasters and encryption companies aren't doing their level best to stop such mischief in its tracks.

Why buy a Dragon CAM (or anything else of that ilk anyway), when the legitimate Seca CAM works fine (with an official card).

Canal Digitaal has already blocked the use of such hardware, the french and poles won't be far behind.

Only a few days ago a customer came in with a failed Ultra Blue card and what looked like a standard Irdeto 2 CAM. But it had been flashed by the retailer and the customer wasn't even told. So the UB card had failed.

I believe that ANY reference to any product of this type on this or any other website visible or any publication distributed in the EU constitutes a breach of the Conditional Access Directive and the Sale and Supply to Consumers Directive.

And the sooner the users of this forum (and the rest of the world too) realises that every time they access a service without paying for it they are stealing ordinary peoples' jobs from them, the better.

Sorry Squire post removed, that was a tad too strong, there is a no flaming rule on this forum, if you disagree, please do it nicely. :). Admin

bradle01

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex, Europe
OK everybody, I know you don't all like my point of view, and you have rightly pointed out that I do sell official cards across international boundaries. Is what I do illegal? I don't think so. Is subscribing to other countries channels illegal? I don't think so.

I'm not going to do any selling here. This is a simple guide to the law as I understand it. Many of you complain about monopoly broadcasters, but what most of you may not be aware of is that territorial restrictons on subscription sales are almost invariably imposed on broadcasters by the content rights holders - and by that I mean the FIFA'a, UEFA's, Universals and Disneys of this world - and almost all of them are from non-EU countries.

But those contracts, in my opinion, fly in the face of EU law. And I agree with all of you who say that you should be able to subscribe across international boundaries, even though that would ultimately harm my business.

If the EU imposed its will on broadcasters, the broadcasters would have to capitulate ultimately.

Some of the EU dogma goes back a long way. In 1987 the EU imposed an obligation on broadcasters to negotiate rights "over the entire satellite footprint".

There is also what is grandly called the "Principal of Exhaustion of Intellectual Property Rights" which, in a nutshell, states that any EU citizen or resident has the right to purchase anything they want to in one EU country, and take it to another EU country (and in the case of EU citizens, anywhere), where they may use it themselves for their own personal use, sell or give it to a third party for their personal use, as long as the sale, use or possession is not a criminal offence in the destination country, and the obvious exception on that point is cannabis from Holland.

I am sure you all remember the fuss over the Maasricht Treaty and Britain opting out of the Social Chapter, and later the Amsterdam Treaty where Britain opted in. The latter Treaty actually had much more to do with consumer rights (but was less interesting for the tabloid press), and largely consolidated the various fragments of consumer rights. Following on from that an EU Working Party wrote to all broadcasters pointing out their obligations to comply and in April 2003 the subject was discussed extensively at a Bar meeting in London. But still we have the anomaly of the rights holders contracts with broadcasters.

Now if you want to get something done about it you can - write to your MEP, your MP, and to the relevant EU Directorates - whinge all you like - bombard the hell out of them (if you lot can hack, you can sure as hell spam) - and point out that the EU must impose its will on the broadcasters.

As an aside I do speak to many broadcasters direct, and at a very high level, and almost all of them (privately) would love to sell their services across the EU, which should, for these purposes, definitely be regarded as one country.

So you see, you may have your way of doing things, and I may not agree with what you do, but I actually understand the reasons why every one of you wants to hack.

Most EU broadcasters charge less than BSkyB - but that has more to do with buying power and commercial constraints rather than anything else.

Finally a few specific points:
  • To the gentleman in Malta - if you want to subscribe to Sky Italia you need an Italian address, and must provide a copy of your Codice Fiscale.
  • If you want to watch Canal Digitaal Holland there are now very few receivers that will handle the encryption change. France and Poland will follow suit soon. Sorry hackers:) .
  • Canal Digital Scandinavia will shortly migrate to Conax 2.
  • Viasat Scandinavia has plans to switch off Viaccess transmissions and migrate totally to NDS Videoguard; (yes that Murdoch man again).
And finally, when I give you all this information, how about doing something constructive with it.

Moral of the story - don't shoot the messenger - he actually just might be on your side.

Disclaimer - I am not a solicitor, and you should not regard what I have stated here as legal advice. For that you should seek your own.

Deep Joy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cheshunt Herts
Bradle, you make some valid points, but i think there are some base points that this subject boils down too. I have subscribed to Sky for many years - until recently. I started to get cheesed off with regular subscription increases. They know that the kids at home want the cartoons and films, the old man wants his footie, so they milk that for all its worth, i think its called exploitation. Not only that, I find it quite distasteful that I can watch either National Football or Cricket without subscribing either. You can include the Sport Authorities as well on that point, but Sky were the catalyst there im afraid. So speaking personally, i thought, why should they dictate to me, i know, ill get a multisat dish and receiver installed and they can bugger off. I dont actually see it as cheating them out of a subscription, because i think Sky ruthlessly dictate to the masses, and I dont like that. Id be happy to subscribe again once they drop thier reciprocal arrangement with Canal + etc not to trade in each others catchment area, no problem at all.
Also, im not so sure that we are breaking any rules. Morally we shouldnt be watching PPV unsubscribed, but i dont think Canal + base thier profits on viewers in the UK, do they? However this does not apply to anyone who hacks Sky, im not into that and never will be.
Also there are plenty of FTA channels showing what you want!

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
bradle01 said:

IT'S THEFT - YOU CALL IT FUN - I CALL IT THEFT - AND THAT'S A CRIME.

They would create a lot more jobs,if you could subscribe legally to any provider,ie Sky Uk/Italy BBC Canal+ in Europe.
Till that time good luck to you Hacker guy,s
What ever happened to TV without Frontiers?