Some success with ITV HD on Fortec Passion

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Ratchet re tried as Pauls post and HUNKY DORY sound and vision for itv, can i cut and copy that to my own channel listings? as you seem to have the world of tvon your list Many many thanks

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Paul i used the USB and build 124 going to try and migrate just that setting to my own setup if that is possible

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
gnr said:
Ratchet re tried as Pauls post and HUNKY DORY sound and vision for itv, can i cut and copy that to my own channel listings? as you seem to have the world of tvon your list Many many thanks

Good to hear that it works for you now. Don't know about cut and paste with Setedit as I've never tried it. It's easy though to block mark unwanted channels and delete them in one go.

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion HD& 60cm H-H
My Location
South
I can guess where Ratchet lives from the BBC Region at the top of the list! gnr, I only tried it briefly but editing Ratchet's list and re-saving it appears to work fine.

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
TO ALL, thank you for your help, i have copied and pasted the ITVHD channel from Ratchets list to my own and now have the biz. London from the air looks good, maybe it's the streets are just bad.

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South
Well, 2 days later, now that works OK, what am I going to do for the rest of the day? Maybe get a life again :-) All we need now are some ITV HD programmes to watch!

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Cannot get it to marry sound and picture! Tried every possible combo.

Interestingly, the two versions that have sound but no picture do not show as HD and in fact the 576 indicator is highlighted. However, in both versions of Setedit, it definitely shows them as HD channels via the flag setting...

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Well once again folks (as it has only taken the morning) peeps have moved to help other peeps, one day i hope to be in the same position.

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
GNR - Do you need two versions of Setedit running at same time? Tried copying Ratchets but it wouldn't let me switch between the two channel lists?

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
I used build 124 to load in Ratchets list, went to the astra sat and used the the list from there (he seems to have the world sats, his name should be NASA), ch 24 is the ITVHD i highlighted that r click for copy, then loaded in my own list, found a space in my astra are (just hover over the whole box), and pasted, then saved (as a differnt file to the usb for the whole lot, just incase), then upload to the passion and viola

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You would not believe I work in IT, cannot paste into it at all....

I copy Ratchet's with right click, load mine up but paste is ghosted out?

Edit - ignore me!!!

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
try pasting it on top of what you have, eg user tv

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
All up and running, thanks all!!

Well, that occupied my Saturday morning!!

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
We seem to be a lot of happy bunnies now

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South
Many thanks for all the support everyone. Ratchet, your channel list also fixed my FTA Channel 4 :-) The Passion had refused to find the channel (8350) despite advanced scan etc. Cheers!

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
PS will we have to go through all this as other HD (freesat) channels are opened up, if we do i hope it is the winter....................................

paul_hants

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South
Again?! Arghhh! Life is too short. If it is going to take 2 days to get each HD channel working I think I might take the coward's way out and buy a Freesat HD box, especially a PVR. But not until the price drops and a few more HD channels come on stream.

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Well it shouldn't take two days next time, we may just need Ratchet's wisdom! (And channel list!!!)

Actually, question I been meaning to ask, which is probably better placed somewhere else, when I have BBC HD running through my amp, the Dolby indicator is lit and my amp seems to automatically kick in the 5.1 and it sounds fairly decent as well. Is BBC HD broadcasting in that then? (My amp doesn't do this for any other channel)

Kyle

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
gnr said:
PS will we have to go through all this as other HD (freesat) channels are opened up, if we do i hope it is the winter....................................

Let's hope not. But if there are rights issues for future FTA HD channels that require restricting to UK viewers then it may be inevitable. With no encryption to restrict access and no room on Astra 2D then it may be necessary to restrict access along the lines of the ITV HD method.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Falkirk
KyleRickards said:
Well it shouldn't take two days next time, we may just need Ratchet's wisdom! (And channel list!!!)

Actually, question I been meaning to ask, which is probably better placed somewhere else, when I have BBC HD running through my amp, the Dolby indicator is lit and my amp seems to automatically kick in the 5.1 and it sounds fairly decent as well. Is BBC HD broadcasting in that then? (My amp doesn't do this for any other channel)

Kyle

BBC HD does indeed broadcast 5.1 as does Luxe TV HD. Not sure if Ch4 HD does 5.1 for some programs but at the moment the racing is Dolby PL. The ITV HD test is also Dolby PL.