Testing New White Sky UK Card - CAID 963

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
woodeseaves: look here _http://www.cccamforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48127

wannabee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo with 1TB HDD, Vu+ Solo with 500GB HDD, Dm7025 with 80GB HDD & 1m Triax
Advent 9415 lappy
My Location
Co. Tyrone
Guys..

I dont know if this is relevant to this chat but i installed 2.1.3 this morning in my DM7020 and used B16MCC`s boxkey converter.. and everything is working a treat..

Also getting all ECM times of less that 0.095

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
i was one of the first to follow B16MCC write up of getting this card to work with ubuntu server and omnikey ,looks like the cccam team have made progress ,question i know omnikey needs newcs to work ,B16MCC do you think ther is a fix in the pipeline so that all i need to would be cccam and do away with newcs?and if not wot do you suggest? do i need to do a lot to change my server?

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
CCcam 2.1.3 does all this, but it does not support Omnikey readers and Smargo is slow, so stck with your working setup until a better solution comes along. We will need a better solution soon when the new encryption kicks in.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000HD S, Dreambox 7025i, Fibo 1.2 fixed on 7W, 90cm Motorised System.
My Location
Hereford
shumifan50 said:
CCcam 2.1.3 does all this, but it does not support Omnikey readers and Smargo is slow, so stck with your working setup until a better solution comes along. We will need a better solution soon when the new encryption kicks in.

Sound advice for a beginner like me.

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000, TM6900CS, Ubuntu newcs Omnikey 3121, Triax 1.1m
My Location
UK East Mids
shumifan50 said:

@shumifan - based on what we know today is it likely that CCCam2.1.3 is going to give an advantage over using newcs (in my Ubuntu server) to read the white card 0963 when the new encryption kicks in ? Would welcome your views on this ?

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
What new encryption? IF??? Big if.... CCcam offers the possibility to handle serial readers directly but I don't see any advantage over newcs

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
The only thing that may possibly change is SlyUK will follow suite with Sly Italia, then we'll all be looking for a new Emu. I hear rumours of a working solution for sly italia is around now, but thats all it is , rumour, at the moment.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
B16MCC said:
The only thing that may possibly change is SlyUK will follow suite with Sly Italia, then we'll all be looking for a new Emu. I hear rumours of a working solution for sly italia is around now, but thats all it is , rumour, at the moment.

Exactly my point...in my very personal opinion, if they WANTED to apply the same in the UK and DE, they would have already. Yes, I've heard (and saw) a box working but no one knows with what.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
A working solution exists, but it might be a long time before it wll be released generally. The developers are irritated with the DEMAND for a new cam, rather than the grateful reception, should it arrive. They have been slagged off in some forums, so it is hardly surprising that they are p.... off.
The new encryption is also more complex than initially thought, Italy has rolled out the first of 3 possible processes. The last two have not been seen on a stream and therefore not tested. Some work still needs to be done on reading cards as well apparently. I hope this gets rid of payservers in the long run and all those that do not have it as a hobby, but use it as a way to avoid paying subs. In this I am as one with the developers.
So be patient, appreciate the free software that you get and don't demand anything.
I dont believe CCcam 2.1.3 can handle the new encryption - it does not even work on phase 1 in Italy. CCcam will also be at a disadvantage in hte new environment, initially, as the working cam does not support CCcam clients.
Read this thread:
_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/163470-re-new-encryption-cams.html

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
WildBit said:
Exactly my point...in my very personal opinion, if they WANTED to apply the same in the UK and DE, they would have already. Yes, I've heard (and saw) a box working but no one knows with what.

UK change is on the way however DE is a different kettle of fish as they would have to replace thousands of boxes as well as cards to make the change and would cost millions so we will have this for some time yet.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Correction CCcam can be a client.

rammythejammy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db 7000s and winxp
My Location
england
hi all CCcam 213 with nabilo bh 12 on dbox 800hd is working great all you do is add the box key and after about 30 secs the B**** clears and leave it for further half an hour you will see the emms going up and decoding the premium channels also will take place

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
DM600 x 2
DM100 x 2
My Location
Liverpool
I wish this last bit of info had been posted earlier, I'd reinstalled three times before , left the room and when I returned it had cleared all the channels, now I understand what was going on

thanks for the update

Vin047

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Satellite with Dreambox 600PVR
My Location
UK, London
with regards to entitlements, when are they renewed? my entitlements are currently showing 11th Jan 2010 so would that be updated closer to that day, or do they update every week or so? (because if its the latter im a lil worried as ive had 11th Jan 2010 for a week now with no emms...)

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
@Vin

My entitlements triggered about 10 days before they were due to run out - many people mention the week before. So I wouldn't expect yours to update for a good while yet !

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
shumifan50 said:
A working solution exists, but it might be a long time before it wll be released generally. The developers are irritated with the DEMAND for a new cam, rather than the grateful reception, should it arrive. They have been slagged off in some forums, so it is hardly surprising that they are p.... off.
The new encryption is also more complex than initially thought, Italy has rolled out the first of 3 possible processes. The last two have not been seen on a stream and therefore not tested. Some work still needs to be done on reading cards as well apparently. I hope this gets rid of payservers in the long run and all those that do not have it as a hobby, but use it as a way to avoid paying subs. In this I am as one with the developers.
So be patient, appreciate the free software that you get and don't demand anything.
I dont believe CCcam 2.1.3 can handle the new encryption - it does not even work on phase 1 in Italy. CCcam will also be at a disadvantage in hte new environment, initially, as the working cam does not support CCcam clients.
Read this thread:
_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/163470-re-new-encryption-cams.html

@shumifan
Thanks for your candid thoughts and I share your views about complaining and demanding more from the software developers. I guess s1y in the UK will be watching the s1y it encryption change roll out (phase 1) closely and their most likely course of action in the UK is to emulate (carefully chosen word!). It is possible that if they see that Phase 1 countermeasures have been overcome relatively easily they may want to push ahead straight to phase 2 and 3. I'm not sure if this a good thing or a bad thing ? So therefore I assume that the policy is to hold back and wait for s1y uk's first move before looking at the card reading software that appears to be working with s1y it phase 1 ?

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
guys , apparently the dman has sly italia working with his new spider ..and az box .. just got a email ...so italia must be working ..

Oakey22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85cm, Quad LND, DM8000,Nabilosat Blackhole v11.
My Location
Staffordshire
think it is down to the oscam emulator.

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
Oakey22 said:
think it is down to the oscam emulator.

yes it did mention that other emu .. canny .