Not open for further replies.

park_gate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
My Location
PO7 Uk and Moraira, Spain
Zorba said:
I understand what you are saying.So how come those channels are still available in most of Europe ,even stronger than before ?

Sorry if I was a bit harsh on you but there are some right windup mechants about.

You need to remember 3 things:

The satellite needs to work over the whole of the UK

They are not trying to stop people in one country getting the signal while allowing other to get it they are trying to get it to work over the whole of the UK.

It's very much pot luck what happens outside the UK. Generally the further away you are the weaker the signal is, but there are exceptions due to hot and cold spots. These spots are caused by imperfections or bumps in the satellite transmission dish.

These bumps are put there to move the signal from say the North Sea to Scotland so people can pick up the signal on small dishes in heavy rain in Scotland.

The signal is Digital

What this means is you don't normally see evidence of a drop in signal. It either works or it doesn't. So although you think it has stopped working or the signal has gone it might be it has just dropped to a low level where the digits can no longer be seen.

This is important because if this has happened you might be able to get it working with a new LNB, correctly aligned dish or a new bigger dish.

Greece shouldn't be that bad as Italy can get Astra 1N and I have seen reports from Malta.

To check if you have a weak signal on a Sky box Press Services Button then press 4 0 1 select in quick succession to go into engineering mode

Select 5 (manual tune)

Enter the frequency; FEC and polarity of the transponder you are interested in (go to kingofsat .com to get this information)

select "find channels"

If you see any sign of a signal then you might be able to pick up a picture with a bigger dish.

Things are Always Changing

Astra 1N is only temporary but even when 2E, 2F and 2G are up things can still change where broadcasters move channels around. So your favourite channel could move from a transponder you can get to one you can't.

Also there is a theory that Arab sat at 26E can cause interference at 28.2E. If more transponders at 26E with the same frequency as 28.2E come on line reception could change again.

Terry

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I think you missed my point. When I said my British customers were taking it personal ,I was been sarcastic because there have been rumours flying around here for years about us losing BBC etc and this turned into Chinese whispers about us losing everything ,then people saying that sky were weakening the signal to stop Cyprus from receiving Sky channels.believing it was only Cyprus.
But this copyright thing. Has anybody threatened CH5,CH4 ITV etc because their programs spill into other countries ? What about ALL the broadcasters ? Sky sports 1 2 3 are the strongest signals we get here,and probably all over Europe. No coincidence as to receive it means paying sky quite a fair sum. That also applies to the documentary channels,and sky 1 2, atlantic etc
So its okay for widebeam for all those channels as long as sky collect the money. Some of them show same programs. E.g Friends is on ch4fta and comedy central. CSI is also on fta and paid up channels. So who breaking the rules and who is enforcing them ?
Just asking ,you know, so I can tell my customers :-)

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
www.computersupportservicescs.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dual DVB-2S computer system and DUal Qbox HD Mini with oscam
My Location
scotland
sky sports is encrpyted and sky own the copyright of sky sports stuff since they make it with there cameras well mos tif it ;)

its not a case of enforcing but mroea case of say i was broadcaster and i just madea channel airign the big show all fee to air if i didnt try and make sure i used a satillete provider that was trying to restrict access the copyrighter holder would probally coming ot sue me for not trying to make sure it for the region i am paying them for that is the key is them trying ot restrict and not trying to. for example if i used the eurpeon beam which covers most of europe istead of the uk one then i am clearing not trying to prevetn the signal getting to other free to air but using the uk beam i am but the beams are controlled by astra which is controlled by the technology at the time it was launched so the spot where as tight as they could be 10 years ago but technology now means they can be tighter so the holder are wanting them to be seeing the broadcasting moving to the best beam possible im guessing this is part of the reason for astra 2d switch to 1n next yar until 2f comes along

park_gate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
My Location
Zorba said:
I think you missed my point.
<big snip>

Hi,

I think the thing I missed was your location of Cyprus!

I mixed you up with someone who was posting about Greece.

I would say in the long run you've got very little chance of
getting the main UK channels in Cyprus. Have a look at the
following:

• IPTV
  • Card share (Sky and foreign satellites with English audio)
  • Arab Sat with English Sound tracks
  • Sling boxes

Terry

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
There is an intermittent signal at 11111 H that I can't seem to lock so no further parameters to provide. There is a distinct spike on the spectrum and it tries to draw a QPSK constellation in CrazyScan. Anyone with a 6925 able to lock this ?

Attachments

• Astra 1N_1.jpg
    Astra 1N_1.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Astra 1N_2.jpg
    Astra 1N_2.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 25

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Well there's nothing there when I took the capture Ratchet, as you say, it's probably an intermittent test.

Attachments

• Capture_12092011_145642.jpg
    Capture_12092011_145642.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 32

milestone 11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m dish, sky+ HD digibox, Amstrad DRX890z, Sony vaio VGN-NR11Z/S
My Location
Corralejo
Analoguesat said:
FreesatfromSky cards - 25 quid from Sky delivered to UK addresses only.

No point for you anyway as the widebeam ITV frequency will be discontinued in a few weeks and moved to the 1N uk beam.

Hi Analoguesat, I've taken this quote from another thread. Does this mean that the ITV's that I am currently receiving via other channels on 11053H 22000 5/6 will vanish also?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sounds like you'll have to get one of those rusty 60cm jobbies for 7W that I saw everywhere when in FV last week - At least you'll be able to watch a selection of World News Channels, lots of Sport with Arabic presentation/commentary and endless US Movies!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
milestone 11 said:
Hi Analoguesat, I've taken this quote from another thread. Does this mean that the ITV's that I am currently receiving via other channels on 11053H 22000 5/6 will vanish also?

No these have already moved over, but I find it hard to believe that you can pull in a solid 11053 with a 1.35m offset in Corralejo. Across the water in PB, having checked on the same size dish, getting squat diddly on any of the IN's.

milestone 11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Corralejo
satelliteman said:
No these have already moved over, but I find it hard to believe that you can pull in a solid 11053 with a 1.35m offset in Corralejo. Across the water in PB, having checked on the same size dish and getting squat diddly on any of the IN's.
Absolutely as solid as a rock. :-thumb1 Maybe it has something to do with the Amstrad?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
milestone 11 said:

If you are already getting 1N then you are safe for another year or so. If Im remembering the right circumstances the quote was for someone who cant get 1N and wanted the widebeam ITV's - which will be discontinued in the new year..

milestone 11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Corralejo
I have tried posting a picture, without success. I am not sure what the max file size allowable is. Tried both directly from computer and photobucket. The forum appears to go through the motions of downloading then tells me the address is invalid.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Try uploading to our server. This is under attachments. We encourage not to link to photo imaging sites.

milestone 11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Corralejo
satelliteman said:
No these have already moved over, but I find it hard to believe that you can pull in a solid 11053 with a 1.35m offset in Corralejo. Across the water in PB, having checked on the same size dish, getting squat diddly on any of the IN's.
Just to remove all doubt and without a hint of schadenfreude. :-biglaugh

Analoguesat said:
If you are already getting 1N then you are safe for another year or so. If Im remembering the right circumstances the quote was for someone who cant get 1N and wanted the widebeam ITV's - which will be discontinued in the new year..
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0507-2-1[1].jpg
    IMG_0507-2-1[1].jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 46

park_gate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
My Location
satelliteman said:

So exactly how far from Corralejo are you, 10km or 60km?

Could be a local hot spot?

Or could it be an issue with your LNB or dish?

Terry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ duo, 1.8 meter primary focus fixed
My Location
algarve
Hi guys, newby in Portugal here...

I'm looking to buy a dish for a new instal on the western Algarve; thinking about a 1.8 meter dish, or maybe a 2.4 due to the uncertainty under discussion on this thread.

Others have been using 1.4 meter or even smaller until now. Reports are starting to come in about loss of signal, but I don't know how wide spread this is.
What do you all think?

hopefully connecting to a VU+ duo

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
park_gate said:
So exactly how far from Corralejo are you, 10km or 60km?
Terry

Three systems I have managed to get checked are 12 Kilometers North. Standard Tecatel 1.35s, LNb's unknown.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mark in Portugal said:
Hi guys, newby in Portugal here...

I'm looking to buy a dish for a new instal on the western Algarve; thinking about a 1.8 meter dish, or maybe a 2.4 due to the uncertainty under discussion on this thread.

Others have been using 1.4 meter or even smaller until now. Reports are starting to come in about loss of signal, but I don't know how wide spread this is.
What do you all think?

hopefully connecting to a VU+ duo

Loss of which signals?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Analoguesat said:
Loss of which signals?
Probably the ones affected by Badr5, which is pretty common on dishes smaller than 1.4m.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ duo, 1.8 meter primary focus fixed
My Location
algarve
Analoguesat said:
Loss of which signals?

BBC and other British channels. People seem to think this is because of the "tightening of the beam", and that soon reception here will no longer be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.